Neil Pasricha started a blog called 1000AwesomeThings.com when his life was falling apart in 2008 as his way to start focusing on all the good things in life. His goal was to write everyday about one simple joy he found in his life.
People found his blog and helped it go viral. Good things started to happen for him.
- 1000AwesomeThings.com won a Webby Award for the Best Blog - Culture/Personal....2 years in a row.
- PC Magazine named his blog one of the Top 100 Websites of 2009 and one of the Top 50 Blogs of 2009
- Neil landed a book deal and his book, "The Book of Awesome", that just came out early 2010 became a best seller the first week it was out.
THAT'S PRETTY AWESOME!
Here's a few of my favorites from his blog:
#999 That last, crumby triangle in a bag of potato chips
#909 Bakery air
#654 Peeling that thin plastic film off new electronics
#529 Finally peeing after holding it forever
Here are 10 things that I find awesome:
- watching my orange cat chase bubbles and bugs across the backyard
- that super cute look my 3 year old gives me when she wants something real bad
- cool wordpress plugins
- power washing the driveway....ooohh what a feeling!...blasting away all that dirt!
- making a beautiful pass resulting in a winning goal when I play hockey
- browsing the bookstore with my cup of Starbucks
- old time cartoons....Flintstones, Jetsons, Underdog, Bugs Bunny
- google...it's so cool that I can just "google" it
- getting hi-5's from my orange cat...it makes me smile every time
- being the first one to skate out on a fresh sheet of ice and hearing the sound of my blades cutting the ice
Share what you find AWESOME in the comments below.