What Does The Fat Flush Diet Consist Of? Is It Right For You?
Tammy and Susie Trimble, the originators of the 100 calorie diet claim that whether you need to lose 25, 50, 100 pounds or more, the 100 Calorie Diet and Food Counter is guaranteed to work for you. This is a very bold claim, so let's examine what this diet entails.
According to the Trimbles, "on The 100 Calorie Diet you eat foods in 100, 200, 300, 400 or 500+ calorie units using the revolutionary 100 Calorie Food Counter! The 100 Calorie Diet is NOT about eating only 100 calories at a time, it's about eating in 100 calorie units."
The originators of the 100 Calorie Diet claims to have discovered a new way to help you lose weight without dieting and without giving up your favorite foods.
The Trimble Sisters also state, " the 100 Calorie Diet and Food Counter introduces The 100 Calorie Food Counter which is an absolutely brand new, innovative concept in calorie counting! Extensive research, analysis and calculations have gone into the development of The 100 Calorie Food Counter. The 100 Calorie Food Counter has a complete listing of all foods, drinks, entrees, side items and sandwiches. The 100 Calorie Food Counter was created to simplify calorie counting and is very user friendly. All foods are categorized and alphabetized and show the amount of that food you can have for about 100 calories. The 100 Calorie Diet and Food Counter gives you all the tools you need to lose weight and feel great!"
The diet encourages a healthy diet such as fruit, vegetables, whole grain and so forth but it does not restrict you to eating certain foods. You can pretty much eat what you want as long as you stay within the alloted 100 calorie increment count. This diet is not concerned with The 100 Calorie Diet and Food Counter">flushing fat or toxins from the body. It is mainly concerned with watching your portion size.
There is merit behind what the sisters say. When you have the "diet" mentality it does sometimes affect your body adversely. For some people the word "diet" equals "stress" which equals weight gain or zero weight loss. The Trimble sisters say you can lose the weight you need to lose just by controlling your portion sizes.
The basic concept is to continue eating the same foods as usual, but to become aware of serving sizes. The authors claim that this will increase your success of sticking with the plan because you will be able to eat the foods you actually enjoy. On the 100 Calorie Diet, women can eat 1,500 calories daily and men can eat 2,000 calories daily. There is also a teen version of the 100 Calorie Diet since teenagers in American are increasingly becoming overweight. Though the sisters say you can eat whatever you want, they do intelligently encourage you to eat the best, most healthy foods.
The 100 Calorie Diet and Food Counter">Credit: Amazon.comThe 100 Calorie Diet and Food Counter For Overweight TEENS">Credit: Amazon.com
Click the images to look inside the book
Sample 100 Calorie-Diet Menu
|For Breakfast You Could Have
1 cup ceral of choice
|For Lunch You Could Have
3 oz lean meat
|For Dinner You Could Have
3 oz baked fish or chicken
Lemon over the fish
- Not a diet of restriction, you can eat what you want
- Can still have some alcohol and can still have your favorite foods in moderation
- There is a planner and calorie counter to help you plan your meals better
- Helps you control portions and educates you on calorie content in fast foods
- Since you have to plan your menu at least a day in advance it gets you to think about what you are putting in your system without rushing to put something together. Fast preparation without thinking about what you are eating and how much you are eating is one of the culprits for rapid weight gain.
- Encourages you to keep a journal
- Includes food and menu suggestions
- They have a teen version of the book which is excellent for those who have teens who need to lose weight since attitudes toward food are usually passed on within the family
- Does promote exercises that you enjoy
- A blanket calorie restrict is never good. It could cause health problems in the long run
- The calorie recommendations may not be sustainable causing the weight to pile back on. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Doesn't really stress the importance of removing bad foods from your diet
There's really no magic bullet here. It's about calorie-restriction and portion control. Many Americans do not read the food labels before they consume their foods thus they intake too many calories and gain weight. It's really just simple math. I am concerned with the lack of calories which may not be health. You wouldn't tell someone who is 400 lbs and consuming over 3, 500 calories daily to just drop to 2,000 or 1, 500. The Center For Disease Control and Prevention recommends that you lose weight gradually by removing 500 calories from your daily diet or 3, 500 calories from your weekly diet. If you removed any more than that from your diet in order to lose weight you need to speak with your doctor and depending on your health, you may need to do it under his or her supervision.
Is It A Good Diet For Me?
It depends on your present health condition and your current weight. You have to be careful about dropping too many calories from your diet too quickly. You also want to make sure the diet is sustainable and it is something you can continue doing even after you lose the weight. If you are severely overweight, always talk with your doctor before beginning any weight loss plan. Study different weight loss plans before choosing one and when you choose one make sure it is one you can stick to and make it a part of your lifestyle.