10 Facts about Smiling
Smiling is something that we do on a daily basis but we rarely think about the power that a smile can have. People tend to think more positively of those who are smiling then of those who are not. A smile makes your face more beautiful and makes people more approachable. No matter what language you speak or what your culture is, a smile is universally recognized. There are many interesting facts that revolve around a smile. In fact, did you know that women smile more often then men and that babies save a particular smile for only their loved ones. Read on to learn more cool facts about Smiling.
Fun Facts about Smiling
1. When someone smiles in is universally known as an expression of happiness whihc is recognized by almost all cultures. Some studies suggest that smiling is contagious, no matter what mood you are in if someone smiles at you, you can’t help but smile back.
2. When a person studies laughter they are known as a 'gelotologist'.
3. There are over 18 different types of smiles that are used in a variety of social situations. For instance, people can use a smile to say a hello, and they can also use a different type of smile to show their understanding of a particular situation.
4. A frown uses more muscles to contract and expand then a smile does. Those that frown tend to push people away and are less attractive than those that smile.
5. A smile is one of the most used human facial expressions. Smiles can use between 5 to all 53 muscles.
6. Smiling releases endorphins and makes us feel better, even when you fake a smile you can feel better. A smile can not only heighten your mood it can even boost your immune system. It works as a natural drug.
7. A person that smiles more is deemed to be more pleasant, sincere, attractive and more sociable then a on-smiling person.
8. Though babies learn a lot of behaviors from intently watching people around them, we are actually born with the ability to smile, it is not something that we copy. For instance, even blind babies are able to smile.
9. Humans are able to differentiate between a real smile and a fake smile by seeing the difference in a persons eyes when they smile.
10. Newborns tend to have more preference for a person with a smile then a person that is not smiling.
Don't forget to smile!