A healthy diet is extremely important to your body. Having a healthy diet can help boost your immune system and help you fight disease such as heart disease and even cancer. Adding the right foods to your diet can certainly help your body be better.
Eat regularly from a variety of foods that add benefits to support great healthy, clear thinking and make your body all around stronger. These are 10 great foods for a better body.
1) Green tea. Green tea has powerfully rich antioxidants called catechins. These antioxidants will target free radicals in the body which damage DNA and play a role in cancer and heart disease. Green tea is identified as hindering the growth of cancer causing cells in our body. Green tea is a great food for a better body.
2) Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes or yams are bright orange and full of Vitamin A and C. additionally there is potassium and calcium. Sweet potatoes can be cooked by themselves or in foods such as pies and other dessert dishes
3) Eggs. Eggs not only are full of protein, but they also have 12 different minerals or vitamins, one of which is choline. Choline is extremely beneficial for brain development and memory. Eggs are a very economical and versatile food for cooking.
4) Nuts. Nuts come in all varieties, shapes and forms. If you are fortunate enough not to have allergies to nuts you can have the benefits of this food all over your diet. Nuts are high in protein, heart healthy fats and antioxidants that help the body fight off disease.
5) Kiwi. Kiwi is on the list of great food for a better body. This is a nutrient dense food with a food days’ supply of the Vitamins A and C. Kiwi is one of the few foods that can supply a natural source of Vitamin E.
6) Skim milk. Milk has always been on the list of great food for a better body. However, the skim choice of milk gives the body a fat-free dairy food rich in calcium, protein, Vitamin D and potassium.
7) Tomatoes. Tomatoes have a high concentration of lycopene which is a cancer fighting benefit found in a lot of vegetables and fruits. The amount of lycopene in tomatoes is higher than any other fruit or vegetable. Tomatoes are a terrific addition to your diet for great foods for a better body. Most fruits and veggies lose some of their vitamin benefits when cooked. Tomatoes are an exception. Cooked tomatoes have a higher concentration of lycopene when they are cooked versus eating them fresh.
8) Spinach. Spinach makes the list of great foods for a better body. Full of folic acid, Vitamin C and K, iron, carotenoids and bioflavonoids. there is a wonderful dosage of lutein which fights cataracts and macular degeneration
9) Berries. Berries of all sorts, shapes and colors are wonderful to build a better body. Blueberries are the best of the bunch and full of antioxidants and phyltonutrients. Berries are extremely low in calories and high in water and fibers.
10) Broccoli. Broccoli is an excellent resource for Vitamins A and C. broccoli also has the Vitamin K which is helpful in building bones and the fiber in broccoli aids with controlling your weight and broccoli can aid in healthier digestion
These are ten great foods to add to your diet that can help your body look and feel great. Eat these ten great foods for a better body