Seeing as it is that time of year again, I would like to make a little public announcement to everybody for Halloween this year BE CREATIVE
There are so many great ideas out there that you can choose from these days. You can be current and political with your costume and make a statement, or you can choose a traditional tried and true costume that is sure to please everyone. All I ask of you is that you put some genuine thought and effort into it, and make it your own.
I am also going to take this time to single out that person who wears the same costume year after year. You are not fooling anybody. I see you cowering in the back of the room there, let this be your warning.
As with all of these costumes, they can be done right but most of the time, they are done horribly wrong.
10. Army Guy - Just because you own a camo shirt, or a pair of camo pants, does not make you an officer of the military.
9. Pimp - You are a middle class white kid from the Midwest put the pimp cane down.
8. Cowboy / Cowgirl - Jeans , plaid shirt, cowboy hatdone. This definitely one of the most uninspired costumes ever. If more than half of the country dresses like this every day- it is not a costume.
7. Sexy Nurse / Sexy Maid / Sexy Kitty - I am going to get into trouble for this one. Don't get me wrong; I am not against seeing ridiculously hot girls getting almost naked, but this is about the principal. Taking any costume and cutting 8 inches off of everywhere and undoing seven buttons does not make it a creative one.
6. Jason - Yes I know that he is a classic movie villain but I am sick of people slapping on any random goalie mask and calling themselves Jason. If you are going to be Jason this year, at least carry around a machete and severed head or some miscellaneous body part.
5. Trailer Trash / Hillbilly - Most likely if you already own everything to wear this costume well you get the drift.
4. Caveman/Cavewoman - The faux fur and giant club are not too kind to most people. This costume is usually very unfortunate for guys, as they cut the tunic too short. Word for the wise, if I can see your jimmy jangler, the costumes too short.
3. Hobo - This costume goes to the guy who realizes that he does not have a costume for a party that he is attending in approximately thirty minutes. "Oh man, I better think of something fast." He then proceeds to rip up and old pair of jeans and jacket and roll around in the dirt pile outside. This is desperate, not creative.
2. Hippie - A Vest and Rose tinted glasses does not make a coherent costume. If you have to explain what you are, then you have failed. Even if you decide to sew a flower pedal on the back of your jeans it does not show dedication. Now, if you were not to shower for a month and show up with enough LSD for all the party guests, then you might get a pass.
1. Ghost - Ok, If you are taking a sheet and cutting out two eye holes you officially have the lamest costume ever. You are not Charlie Brown, use your brain a little and put some effort into your costume. Have some fun with it! Hey, maybe you can be that ghost but be dressed as Charlie Brown underneath!
Happy Halloween Everyone!