Do you or someone you love suffer from a gamblers addiction? Gamblers addictions are becoming more and more common with the proliferation of gambling casinos throughout the world.
Gambling as a recreational hobby has become more and more popular throughout the world, and easy access to casinos can make it easier to develop a gamblers addiction.
When you suffer from a gamblers addiction, life can change for the worst. An addiction to gambling can create social, emotional, physical, spiritual, and financial problems. This addiction spares nobody, as it can affect women, men, various religious, ethnic and socio-economic groups. Usually a gambling addiction is progressive and chronic and can cause severe pain and suffering on the part of the gambler.
If you suffer from a gambling addiction, you may be in several thousands of dollars in debt. You may be maxed out on your credit cards or in danger of losing your home.
If you have a gamblers addiction, you may be extremely depressed, suicidal, and have neglected your health. You also may have a problem with your job, your friends or your family. Whatever it may be, things are most likely not good if you have a gambling addiction.
The only way that you can recover from a gamblers addiction is to get help to stop gambling. If not, life can dramatically deteriorate for the worst and things can begin to spiral out of control.
Here are some tips on how to beat a gamblers addiction so you can reclaim your life and regain control of your life as well.
1. Make a decision to stop gambling. Make that decision today, and do not gamble under any circumstances. If you have thoughts about going to gamble, say to yourself "I cannot gamble today because I do not gamble anymore".
2. Search online for gamblers addiction forums. There are many. An excellent one is the Safe Harbor Compulsive Gambling Hub. Join the forum and become part of the community.
3. Find out about visiting a Gamblers Anonymous meeting in your community. These meetings can help give you a real live support system of people who also want to stop gambling.
4. Seek out individual counseling by a trained gambling counselor to help support you, encourage you, and help you fight your gamblers addiction.
5. Make a daily schedule of your tasks and activities. Make sure you include slots from the time you get up until the time you go to bed. Boredom is a huge trigger in a gambling addiction and you do not want to have a lot of free time on your hands.
6. Make sure that you practice self-care by eating properly, exercising, and getting a good night sleep each night. When you take care of yourself physically and emotionally, you will not have time to partake in your gamblers addiction activities.
7. Treat yourself to something special at the end of every week that you do not gambling. Rewarding yourself when you stop gambling will help to reinforce the new behaviors that you are learning.
8. Remember what it feels like when you lose lot of money and time after a gambling binge. Keep these thoughts and feelings in your mind, or write these down on paper. These thoughts and feelings are very powerful and can prevent a gamblers addiction relapse. It is important to have powerful tools to stop the urge to go back and gamble again.
9. There are some wonderful gambling help books and gambling self-help courses available online. Some of these are very expensive; however, some are reasonable and quite good.
10. Whatever you do, never stop trying to stop gambling. It may take several attempts; however, your efforts will never go unrealized. A gamblers addiction is very powerful, and it can take some time before you fully recover.
It is hoped that these tips on how to beat a gambling addiction were helpful to you. There are many more tips, and many more ways to beat this horrible addiction, however, this was just a start.
Because this addiction has the highest suicide rate of all addictions, it is truly important that you get help for yourself to stop gambling.
A gamblers addiction does not have to ruin your life. Please get help for this addiction now.