Being unproductive is the downfall of small businesses and large conglomerates alike. It is the source of unemployment which results to all the evil that surrounds us today. Okay, maybe that's too much of a description about being unproductive, but the bottom line here is this. Being lazy and unproductive won't get you anywhere.
I know that it's hard to be productive since I'm a lazy bum myself. However, ever since the modern age started, people devised clever tricks to help themselves be more effective in the workplace. Thus, with some website hopping here and there, I made a list of some of the effective ways on how you can become less fruitless and a more productive internet marketer.
12 Sure-fire Ways to Increase Your Productivity as an Internet Marketer
1. Create a schedule the night before. It’s easier to work if you have a list of things you’re supposed to do. This also prevents you from wasting your time thinking about things you have to do in the morning, since this the time when you’re most likely productive.
2. Social networking is not the greatest invention of our era. In case you’re one of those people who spend most of their day on social networking sites, then I have some bad news for you. Websites such as Facebook and Twitter, are the main reasons why you’re still not earning money as an internet marketer. Instead of spending your time checking on your friends, why don’t you work on your website instead?
3. Get enough sleep. Most people think that working late makes them more productive but this isn’t entirely true. Working late is often the product of your laziness and unproductiveness during the day, which results in you needing to work your ass off late at night just to reach your deadline. Make sure that you get 7-8 hours of sleep each night to reenergize your batteries.
4. Remove distractions while you’re working. Turn your phone off, lock yourself in your room, and never go out until you’re finished with your work. You’ll be surprised with how much time you saved when you shut yourself off completely.
5. Take a break and get out of your house. Admit it, there are always going to be times when you’ll find yourself in a writing slump. The best thing to do rather than forcing yourself to work, is to take a break and breathe that fresh afternoon air. You could go biking, or run a few laps around your block to keep your creative juices flowing.
6. Remember a quote or saying about proper time-management and keep saying it every time you’re being unproductive. Keep it simple and easy to remember. To give you an example, I always say “A real man knows the value of his time.” to myself when I feel lazy.
Amazon Price: Buy Now
(price as of Dec 31, 2013)
7. Automate some aspects of your life. In our technology-driven society nowadays, it’s easy for you to spend less time doing chores, and more time doing work. Get up, and take advantage of automation services that’s available to you. Set-up an automatic billing account and an automatic savings account to save you time from going to banks and paying your bills personally.
8. Be passionate about what you do. Enjoying your work helps remove distractions, prevents laziness, and leaves you feeling satisfied about your work.
9. Focus on one task at a time. Contrary to popular belief, multitasking doesn’t help you become productive. Finish one task first before starting on a new one. Not only will you feel accomplished, but the momentum will also be on your side as you rack up finished tasks along the day.
10. Write a list of your goals. Get a piece of paper, and write your goals for the next 5 years, 10 years, and 15 years respectively. Put them on your refrigerator door afterwards and start working on them. Every time you reach a goal, cross them off your list. Continue to cross off things and add more if you want. Take a look at your list every morning to inspire you throughout the day.
11. Listen to podcasts or audiobooks. Don’t let any of your time go to waste by listening to podcasts or audiobooks every time you go on an exercise. There are thousands of great podcasts that are free on iTunes or Google Store. Take your pick and start listening to timeless classics, and the latest news around the globe.
12. Keep a pen and a small notebook with you at all times. Ideas come and go and it’s usually hard to remember them once they leave your mind. That’s why it’s advisable to write them on your handy notebook the moment they enter your brain. Remember, one of your ideas may be the next big thing in the world of internet marketing.
Amazon Price: Buy Now
(price as of Dec 31, 2013)
These are just few of the many productivity tips that can help you on your internet marketing career. However, these are enough for the time being. Start doing these things and you should well be on your way to your most productive years as an internet marketer. Stop being lazy, and start doing! Goodluck!