There’s no doubt about the fact that most people think cats are stuck up, self-adoring, selfish beasts, but I refute these, dare I say, prejudiced ideas. The secret here is to let your cat know that YOU love him or her, and once that is resolved, you will be showered with unconditional love. No I’m not lying. This list of 15 ways you can tell if your cat is really into you comes from my own experience, I swear it!
1. Rests his/her chin on your arm. This could be miscontrued as a blatant request for attention, but if your cat didn't like you, he/she wouldn't be doing this.
2. Wants to sit in your lap all the time. No, your lap is NOT the most comfortable place around. This has to be love!
3. Is jealous of your iphone. No, your cat doesn't want to make a phone call.
4. Follows you from room to room (no food or treats involved). I repeat, NO FOOD OR TREATS INVOLVED. This has got to tell you something.
5. Gives you the look of love. Well, if you don't know a look of love, then I can't help you.
6. Cares more about attention than food. Yes, this IS possible.
7. Waits for you at the door when you are gone. No, your cat does not want FOOD. She or he actually misses you.
8. Sits next to you all the time. Surely there are other warm places around.
9. Sleeps with you. Again, there are other warm places around, and why would your cat risk being rolled on and smoothered unless he/she really loved you?
10. Gives you head bumps. This is a sign that you have risen in your cat's esteem as he/she is treating you like a cat.
11. Exfoliates your face. Ok..what cat wants to taste make up and sweat? This has got to be love.
12. Chases other cats in the house away from you. Jealousy, need I say more?
13. Makes cute little chirping noises when he/she sees you. NO, again I say, this doesn't mean your cat is hungry.
14. Rubs noses with you. You are considered to be a cat, what an honor.
15. When you cry, licks your tears. Nothing else can be said here.
Ok, believe me now? I know the dog people who just might happen to read this might be moved an inch. The secret: Stop equating control and food with love!