Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Do you suffer from a lack of confidence? Have you missed out on opportunities like promotions or potential romantic partners due to your lack of confidence? Confidence affects every single person in the world and dictates how people are going to react in any given situation. Someone full of confidence is going to grab every opportunity that comes along knowing that they will get the best out of most things they come across. Confidence is simply trust in your own power and judgement, which can lead you to many great things in life; helping you to get your crush and leading to job promotions. Not only that but someone who is confident attracts positive things into their lives; people want to know them, be near them and emulate them. They tend to want to please someone who has a lot of confidence in an effort to connect and be more like them. So here are twenty-one tips on how to become more confident and take control of your life.
- Change your style: Change the way you dress and your hair style.
- Work out: Go to the gym or work out at home twice a week and you will feel better, more energized and confident.
- Walk tall: Develop a powerful walking style and people will perceive you as someone who is confident. Stand up straight and look people in the eye. Hold your shoulders back and stride like you own the street.
- Posture: Posture is very important in portraying a confidence about you. So use your height even if you don’t have a lot of it. Stand up straight with your shoulders back and look people square in the face with a confident smile.
- Take up space: Confident people tend to take up space in the world and do not shrink themselves as small as possible.
- Give complements: People like it a lot when they are complimented and it shows confidence in a person to do so. Also be gracious to people and the more they will like you. Remember the old saying “you get more flies with honey than vinegar”. Do this to everyone you meet, not to get a return but just to make them feel good.
- Sit in the front row: Sit in the front row in class or in church, the people behind you will assume subconsciously that you are a confident person. You can literally measure the confidence in people to decrease as you move from the front of the class to the back row.
- Be vocal: Don’t be afraid to open your mouth, you want to get used to the sound of your own voice. Speak up with your ideas and contributions to the conversation; don’t just sit there a nod.
- Focus on others: Don’t focus the conversation on yourself but the person you are talking too. Give your utmost attention to the human being you are talking too and they will be strongly attracted to you and your confidence.
- Do charity work: This will make you feel good about yourself and that will project to the world as confidence. When you help other people you tend to get confidence in return.
- Play outside the box: Do things that are outside your norm or something that you would normally never try, this will open up a lot of new horizons for you. So join an interest group or walking club; see how far you can take it.
- Maintain eye contact: Confident people maintain eye contact when they talk to people. They will tend to think that you are shifty or dishonest if you cannot make or maintain eye contact. So look at the person you are talking too, you will see their body language and it will help you connect more effectively.
- Help someone: If possible, try to help out at least one person a day. Not to get anything in return, just for the sake of helping. You will feel good about yourself and it will project as confidence.
- Smile: Smile when you walk into a room and it will project confidence to everyone there.
- Don’t compare: Don’t compare yourself to other people, just try to be the best you possible. If you constantly compare yourself to people who you feel are your better, you will never get the confidence you need because there is always someone out there better than you. You can always find someone to help put yourself down. Just concentrate on yourself improvement and they other people do the comparing to you.
- Follow you passion: If you follow your passion in life it will reward you with not only a sense of accomplishment but confidence as well. When I am writing I feel very confident and get a great sense of accomplishment out of it. If I am feeling a little down, I look at my work and accomplishments to snap me out of it.
- Label yourself positively: Tell yourself that you are a motivated confident person. If you label yourself positively you will end up living to your own expectations and therefore become more confident and successful. Like a snowball rolling down hill you will gain more confidence as the positive feedback to your new attitudes comes rolling in.
So you can see that if you follow these tips, little by little your self confidence will improve, you will feel better about yourself and be able to take on the world! Confidence can open many doors for you and get you the things you want in life. You can get the partner you desire, the job you want and the lifestyle you deserve simply by following these seventeen steps. People won’t recognize you and the compliments will come pouring in. So be confident, treat people with consideration and respect and it will reward you in ways that you cannot even think of during the course of your life. People are going to notice the new you!
Amazon Price: $17.99 $8.51 Buy Now
(price as of Oct 25, 2013)