Delicious Mexican Dip for Nachos
Low Fat Yoghurt, but Amazing Flavour!
The amounts are approximate. For the best taste, grow and dry your herbs and peppers at home. The roasted red pepper and chipotle was made at home from ancho poblano peppers grown in our garden and smoked and dried in our convection oven.
Mexican Yoghurt Dip Ingredients
- 1-2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp dried Chipotle Peppers (Smoked Ancho Poblano peppers)
- 1-2 tbsp dried roasted red pepper
- ½-1 tsp cumin seed
- ½ -1 tsp coriander seed
- ½ tsp salt
Mexican Yoghurt Dip Instructions
- Place the yogurt in a strainer and let drain for 1-2 hours. This will remove the excess moisture and make a thick dip.
- Place all other ingredients in a pestle and mortar and grind to a uniform consistency (near powder).
- Mix the drained yogurt and spices together.
- Let stand at least 1 hour to infuse and serve.
You can buy ground cumin and coriander but grinding the seeds produces a far better flavour.
Fresh Salsa for nacho dipping - Fresh peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic and cilantro
Fresh Salsa Recipe - Delicious and Simple!
Made with fresh vegetables from the garden
Fresh Salsa Recipe Ingredients
- 2-4 jalapeño peppers
- 4 cups of prepared tomatoes
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1-2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
Fresh Salsa Recipe Instructions
- Removed seeds and finely chop jalapeño peppers - always use gloves when handling and chopping hot peppers
- Chop tomatoes, (blanch and removed skin if desired)
- Combine tomatoes, peppers, garlic, vinegar, cilantro and cumin in a bowl and mix.
- Serve the fresh salsa as fresh as possible.
You can substitute different hot peppers if you have some peppers you prefer or have grown in your garden. The fresh salsa recipe can easily be increased and with the addition of tomato paste makes an awesome tasting tomato salsa for boiling down, reducing and canning.
The fresher the ingredients and the less time the fresh salsa sits before serving, the more delicious the dip.
Dip with nachos, corn chips and even use leftovers in a tortilla wrap with a little grated cheese for a delicious filling low-fat snack. Serve that hot or cold with sour cream. Or add leftover fresh salsa vegetables to make an omelet for a fast easy meal!
Ready to try Fresh Salsa & Tasty low-fat Mexican Dip?
These two mexican dips are the perfect combination for an outdoor BBQ, or get together. Try them today, or if you are feeling lazy try these dips
Either way you'll be ready for a great Fiesta!