Why You Should Get Enough Sleep?1. Sleep isn't a luxury, it is a biological necessity.
2. Sleep is essential to one's health, well-being and survival. As we sleep, our bodies rejuvenate, restore and regenerate themselves. Every part of the body is affected - the brain, the nervous system, immune system, hormones, emotions, heart, lungs....... the list goes on and on.
3. Lack of sleep increases falls and mistakes as we find it difficult to concentrate and experience that "foggy" feeling. We become moody and cranky at the same time. This can lead to hypertension, cardiac arrest and so on.
Tips to Get a Good Night Sleep
- Take a warm bath before bedtime
- Listen to soft, quiet and mellow music - this can help ease the tensions in your body
- Create a quiet and comfortable environment - keep your room temperature cool and bed-sheets clean, turn off any bright lights that can distract you, use a dim nightlight instead.
- Avoid watching television before sleeping especially those actionor horror movies.
- Read some light materials book
- Avoid eating a heavy meal before bedtime - this can cause stomach discomfort at bedtime
- Don't drink sodas with caffeine, coffee or any alcohol before bedtime