Okay, so far we've told you 46 different ideas and methods to improve Info Barrel success. These tips will provide a little more insight into making money, so be sure to pay close attention.
47) Sign up for Google Analytics: It's free to sign up for Google Analytics and it's a great tool to use. You will be able to figure out what is driving traffic to your articles in no time. You can check out what search engines are directing traffic, what other sites may be providing back links, and what keywords people are using to find your Info Barrel articles. You will be amazed at the results. It can really help you come up with unique spinoff articles, based on traffic sources, and determine how and why certain articles are making more money than others.
48) Realize that time is money: This doesn't mean you should whip through every article and push out content. This is really more about effective time management. Since most of us have other jobs, it's important to maximize the potential of your efforts. Tips 49, 50, and 51 will give you a nudge in the right direction.
I will give you a great example of time management from my past. In my earlier days of writing online I struggled mightily with SEO. I took some time to learn the ins and outs, but never quite "got" it. I decided to take the plunge and buy a book about SEO. While I could have taken the time to find all the information online, through free sources, I realized that spending hundreds of hours studying to save $40 was not effective time management. How many articles did I write that wouldn't earn money before I knew about SEO? Unfortunately, after buying the book I became a bit obsessed with SEO and spent hundreds of hours studying it further, so perhaps I would have been better off with another book.
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm working on an eBook with Howie (x3xsolxdierx3x), and I don't want to come off as if I'm plugging it. I am simply suggesting you look at ways to maximize your earnings potential and save some time. There are many blogs dedicated to helping writers earn more money, which are free. You can find tons of help in within hours if you make it a point to learn.
49) Select the right keywords: This is one of the most important tips for Info Barrel success that can be offered. There are several sites out there dedicated to helping authors find better keywords and phrases to use for their articles. As far as I'm concerned, the best free site is the Wordtracker site.
To use the site, simply enter any word into the box and push the "hit me" button. You will be shown up to 100 different key phrases to use to help drive traffic to your articles. Some of the phrases will be really obvious, while others will really surprise you.
You will notice score associated with each keyword or key phrase. In theory, the phrases with the highest scores represent the highest search volume, and therefore, the best topics to write about. It's only when you really understand how to drive traffic to your articles that you will realize a lower scoring phrase listed, with little competition, is much more profitable to write about that one of those high scoring phrases with tons of competing sites and articles.
I would personally suggest looking at longer phrases suggested on the site. These are commonly called long tail keywords or key phrases. In my opinion, long tails are the best choice for those looking to make a few bucks on their articles.
50) Check out the competition: There is a fairly delicate balance between traffic and competition for keywords and phrases. If you find a great key phrase you would like to write about, and it seems to have a Wordtracker score that will work for you, try to see how much competition there is for the phrase on Google. If you select a phrase with a Wordtracker score of 50, and there are millions of results returned from Google, it may be wise to change the key phrase you use.
Of course, not all sites use the key phrase to drive traffic. Some actually use them by luck alone. For example: "Cheap four wheelers under 600 dollars" is in the 80's last I checked, and returns about 165,000 results on Google. This is a good example of an article that can make money (mine makes about $10-$15 per month). There isn't that much competition for this key phrase, so it's easier to get on the first page of the results.
51) Learn additional Google functions: Here is one more tip about checking out the competition for your articles, provided by Google. When you look at how many results you get back, try the "all in title" command on Google. In the search engine type in allintitle: "keywords you are looking for here" and see how many returns you get back. You will find that your level of true competition is easier to figure out this way. In the example earlier, cheap four wheelers under 600 dollars, there are less than 100 articles or sites with the all the words in the title. This makes it much easier to rank high.
There are tons of other great functions and tools you can use from Google to help drive traffic to your article, like the Google Wonder Wheel. Be sure to play around a bit and learn exactly what Google has to offer. You will find tons of tools to help you succeed.
Bonus tip # 52) Don't give up: You will not get rich quick with Info Barrel or any other online revenue sharing site. You will, however, find a great source of passive income that should last for years to come. Essentially, companies are paying Google to drive customers to their sites through the AdWords program. Sites that cannot drive enough traffic on their own must pay Google to get it. This actually makes Google even more valuable to these online advertisers. As the internet grows and competition increases, the need for these companies to pay for clicks becomes even greater. In addition, the increased competition will also drive internet surfers to use longer, more detailed key phrases. As this happens, you have a whole new set of keyword choices for writing articles. It's really quite the circle Google has created.
Fellow Info Barrel writer, x3xsolxdierx3x and I, created this 6-book course over 5 months!...We launched it on Warrior Forum at a VERY highly discounted rate...This price will not last much longer. You can see it here.
(This banner currently links to the highly discounted Warrior Forum thread!)