Once you start your web site or blog, make sure that all your writing efforts are rewarded with targeted visitors. This is accomplished via search engine optimization, or SEO. Through the effective use of SEO, search engines are able to list your web site or blog on the search engine results page (SERP). SERPs are category lists that are organized around keywords, which are search terms that web users might input when asking a search engine to find something (e.g., Florida beaches). Effective SEO enables you to have your web site or blog listed at the top of the SERP, which draws the most visitors and oftentimes the most revenue.
How can WordPress help you with SEO? WordPress offers numerous SEO plugin tools, which help you perform better and more efficient SEO. Here are just 5 very powerful and effective SEO tools:
1. Google XML Sitemaps: This plugin alerts Google about the posts and pages on your web site or blog, as well as any updates to those posts and pages. Your sitemap is also automatically updated. Google then indexes the new content that has been added.
2. WP-DB-Backup: This backup tool is imperative if you wish to preserve your work and your web site or blog. The plugin can be set up to e-mail you a file of your entire WordPress database on a weekly or even daily basis, which is imperative should something crash your web site or blog. By having such a back-up, you can get your web site or blog back up and running.
3. SEO Smart Links: Post interlinking is a wonderful way to build up your SEO. This plugin tool interlinks posts and pages as they are written and published. Such interlinking can do wonders for your site's search engine rankings.
4. Contextual Related Posts: This tool shows a series of related blog posts at the end of your own post. This not only helps with internal linking, but also delivers more quality information to the visitor. As a result, many visitors end up spending more time (and clicks) on your posts.
5. All-in-One-SEO-Pack: This is arguably one of the most popular WordPress plugins, allowing you to write custom meta information for all your posts and pages.
While doing effective SEO begins with writing quality content, it does not stop there either. Effective SEO is a continual process, and new tools are created nearly every day in order to help with it. The above mentioned SEO tools can be taken advantage of in order to gain a great head-start on your own SEO campaign.