Are You Looking For More Ways To Get Free Traffic From Google?
Well you've come to the right place.
Today I'm going to show you 5 easy and proven ways to get free traffic from Google.
Maybe it's just me...
But as an entrepreneur it can be very frustrating when you need to drive traffic to have success with your business but you do not have a huge marketing budget to do so.
Here are the top 5 ways to get free traffic from Google:
1. Blogging and Article Writing
Writing blogs and articles is a great way to get free traffic from Google. Writing blogs and articles gives you a platform to truly connect with your target audience. In December 2012, out of over 1200 visitors to my personal blog 667 were from the Google search engine and I was able to get sales from the organic traffic coming to my site.
You can create your own blog with WordPress , Blogger, Empower Network, Typepad and other blogging platforms or you can become a contributor and write for sites like Ezine Articles, Infobarrel, Squidoo etc.
- Have a voice, don’t write like a robot, let your words allow your readers to experience you
- Get right to the point, most people have very low attention spans
- Space your content out, most people skim when they read. Big long paragraphs are a HUGE no no.
- TLC said it best “don’t go chasing waterfalls, stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to”. Stick to what you know, nothing is worse than being able to tell that the author wasn’t very educated on their topic.
2. Keyword Research
Keyword research is crucial to getting free traffic from Google. It is very wise to do keyword research prior to writing blog or articles.
Targeting quality keywords relevant to your business can bring you lifetime residual traffic and residual traffic is residual income.
Google keyword tool and Market Samurai will provide you with relevant keywords that can generate traffic and sales. If you are just a blogger or freelance writer these tools will help you find keywords that can make you lots of money with Adsense, Adbrite and other ad publisher programs.
Keyword research tips:
- Look for keywords with low competition and high monthly Google searches
- If you publish ads on your site look for keywords with a medium to high cost per click
- Check for front page competition to see if it's possible to rank, if you have a new or low authority site it may not be possible to get on the front page with very popular, news or government sites.
3. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO is one of the main ingredients to getting free traffic from Google. To get on the front page of Google, your site has to have authority. To build authority with Google, your site must consistently updated with quality content and each blog or article must have relevance to a certain keyword.
Tips for Good on Page SEO:
- Write blog articles that contain 500 words or more
- Include pictures and images and make sure the alt tag is your keyword
- Use h1 h2 and h3 tags
- Keyword density should be between 2 and 3%
4. Video Marketing
Videos are just as effective as blogs and articles. Many people have short attention spans and will definitely appreciate videos. Making videos is also a great way to generate tons of traffic leads.
With proper keyword research and SEO, a YouTube video can get ranked on the front page of Google in no time. Videos on the front page of Google often get clicked more than blogs and articles.
In the times ahead, video marketing will be just as crucial is any other form of marketing.
Video Marketing Tips:
- Do keyword research
- Include the most relevant keyword in the title
- Include other relevant keywords in the tags
- Include relevant keywords in the description
- The more views and engagement a video has the higher it will rank in the search engines and YouTube.
Keep in mind YouTube isn't the only place for video marketing. There are other popular video sites that have authority in the Google search engine.
5. Google Adwords
Using Google AdWords is a sure fire way to get traffic from Google and the best part is you don't always have to pay to do PPC marketing with Google Adwords.
Many business owners and entrepreneurs have had tons of success with Google Adwords but keep in mind that using Google Adwords can be a trial and error process just like anything else.
Every so often Google offers free AdWords vouchers, usually around $50-100. Though it may not be much is still a great way to test for future campaigns and get free traffic from Google in the meantime.
Google AdWords Tips:
- You don't always have to accept Google Suggest bid prices
- Make your ads as specific as possible
- Don’t be afraid to use your keyword in your ad
- Keep track of your cost for conversion rate
- Test, test and test some more
Additional Tips and Resources:
Hope you found this article about how to get free traffic from Google helpful and insightful. Keep in mind that there are many ways to get free traffic from Google but these are just 5 simple ways.
When it comes to getting traffic from Google or any other source, keep in mind that it is all about trial and error. There are virtually no right or wrong ways to get free traffic. As I mentioned previously just keep testing and eventually you will come across a great traffic source for your business.
Here are some resources to help you with the ways to get traffic mentioned in this article: