Are you too tired to cook but don't want to spend the money to eat out? Here are 5 easy and tasty meals to get you through those times.
1. Soup and
This is one of the easiest meals!
Buy ready made soup and packaged salad at the grocery store. Warm up the soup, wash the salad and add your favorite veggies. Put out all the salad toppings and salad dressings and you're done!
If you want to make a soup, here is an easy chicken soup recipe:
Easy and Tasty Chicken Soup:
- 1â2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 quarts store bought chicken stock or broth
- 1 store bought roasted chicken, remove the skin and shred or dice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Optional: 2 cups noodles or cooked rice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. SautÃ© the onions, carrots and celery for about 5 minutes, add salt and pepper
- Pour the chicken stock into the pot, bring to a boil and reduce heat
- Add the chicken and simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes, then add the parsley
Optional: Add the uncooked noodles and continue to cook another 10 minutes, or add the cooked rice and serve
2. Pasta, Pizza and Caesar Salad:
Purchase your favorite pasta sauce in a jar and a box of pasta (for the health conscious, try whole wheat pasta). Pick-up your favorite frozen pizza and a packaged romaine salad, croutons, shredded parmesan cheese and Caesar Salad dressing.
Warm-up the pasta sauce, you can add cooked ground beef or turkey. For vegetarians, you can sautÃ© and add any of your favorite veggies.
Wash the salad, add the croutons and shredded parmesan cheese, keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Put the pizza in the oven and cook the pasta in boiling water.
When the pizza is ready, toss the salad with the dressing and serve the pasta with the sauce.
3. Frittata and Salad:
A frittata is one of the easiest meals to make! All you need are eggs or egg substitute (you can also use egg whites), heavy cream or half and half and cheddar cheese. You can also add your favorite veggies. For the salad, pre-packaged is the easiest, but you can make your own.
Easy and Tasty Frittata:
- 1 Tbs. Olive oil
- Your favorite vegetables
- 3-4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Pinch of pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350Â°
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet. SautÃ© vegetables in olive oil for 7-10 minutes or until soft
- Combine eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper
- When vegetables are cooked, add the egg mixture to the pan and reduce heat to medium low; cook covered until eggs are set, approximately 8-10 minutes
- Remove lid from pan and place in oven for 10 minutes to cook eggs completely
- Add shredded cheese to top of frittata and melt under broiler for 3â5 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve immediately
4. Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry and Rice:
This is an easy, vegetarian friendly stir fry. Purchase Tofu (extra firm), a bottle of teriyaki marinade, a pre-packaged vegetable stir fry mix and some white or brown rice. (Cook rice as directed)
- Pre-heat oven to 200Â° (to keep cooked vegetables warm)
- Cut the tofu in large squares and marinade in teriyaki sauce
- Heat some peanut oil in a wok or large pan
- Cook the vegetables and add 2Tbs teriyaki marinade, transfer to a sheet pan and keep warm in oven
Cook the tofu in batches
Serve the teriyaki tofu and vegetables over rice.
5. Breakfast for Dinner:
Ever feel like eating a breakfast meal at dinner time? It's easy and satisfying! Try pancakes, waffles, or eggs and bacon (microwavable). You can even make a breakfast frittata with a side of hash brown potatoes (fresh or frozen) and some microwavable bacon.
Breakfast for dinner; it's quick, it's tasty, and it's an easy way to do something different.
Cooking is great, when you have the time and energy, when you don't, try these 5 easy and tasty meals.