Lets face it, a lot of our time is spent in the kitchen. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all created here. Here are some great gadgets and appliances that make working around the kitchen a little easier.
1. Griddle: get rid of all the frying pans and switch to just one, a griddle. Big enough to cook hot dogs, hamburgers and grilled cheese sandwiches all at once. In those cold winter months, you can have an indoor barbecue. Plus it has a grease pan that collects all the nasty fat for you which makes healthier meals. And best of, its smooth surface cleans easy with soap and water.
2. Food scale: Trying to diet and a serving size is 3 ounces? Making a recipe that calls for 6 ounces of vegetables? Well how much is that? You could always guess or you could invest in a food scale. Great for all recipes so you know exactly how much you are eating. Most have settings for both ounces and grams.
3. Food Thermometer: Another must need to stop all the guessing. You will always know for sure your food is cooked to serve. Eliminate food borne illness in your house by always knowing your food is cooked. Now you don’t have to cut your chicken wide open to see if its cooked. You can buy a digital or non-digital thermometer.
4. Egg Slicer: Imagine this scenario: Your making egg salad. You boil your eggs, let them cool, peel them, and now you have to chop them up? The process is so time consuming and let’s face it, eggs are pretty messy to cut. With the egg slicer you place your peeled egg in and easily just slice, pick up the entire egg turn it and place it back in the slicer and slice again for even smaller portions. Now just mix all your ingredients and you have perfect egg salad.
5. Crock Pot: I don’t know anyone lives without a crock pot. Add all your ingredients in the morning and set on low all day while you are at work. Get home from work and turn on high for an hour while you set the dinner table and prepare your sides and dinner is ready. Make delicious recipes like pot roast, chicken and pork chops without ever turning on your oven. A simple search on the web and you are bound to come up with hundreds of recipes for every day of the week.