Many people chase youth no matter what the cost. There are many doctors offering various cosmetic procedures to help you stay as youthful as possible for as long as possible. Some of the procedures have become so popular that there are long waiting lists to have the most reputable cosmetic surgeons perform these procedures. For most middle class Americans the cost of plastic surgery may be out of reach. To fill the gap between expensive and affordable many new procedures have cropped up. So if you have a small budget and need to update your look, one of these procedures may be right for you.
- Botox. This injection is placed in the muscle to relax frown lines between the eyebrows. The effects are only temporary so this is best used for a special occasion where you want to appear more youthful. The average costs of Botox injections are $300 to $500 per area.
- Lipodissolve. For the woman that needs a tummy tuck but can’t afford the cost of the surgery; a low cost alternative may be Lipodissolve. This procedure involves an injection of chemicals directly into the site of the fat;which will then be dissolved. The average cost of this procedure is $375 to $1500 and takes up to six treatments to be completed. This procedure is a lot cheaper than normal liposuction and less dangerous. This can be done in a doctor’s office with no anesthesia and no overnight stay in a hospital.
- Acupuncture Facelift. According to Dr. Marina Ponton, acupuncture can provide you with a youthful appearance. The needles which are applied to the face help to increase the collagen and elastin flow to the outer layer of skin. This procedure takes six to eight sessions to get the desired results. After the first session you should immediately see fewer wrinkles and frown lines. The cost of this procedure is $90 to $150 per session.
4. Thermage Face and Body Restoration. The Thermage Face treatment tightens the skin around the eyes. Heated energy is delivered through the eye tissue, the more energy used the better the effects. This will brighten your eyes and give a fresher youthful appearance. This procedure costs around $1400. The Thermage body treatment is a body contouring skin tightening procedure. The same deep penetrating heat energy used on the face is used to stimulate collagen throughout the body. This means minimal discomfort and no downtime. This is a long lasting treatment with results lasting for up to 2 years and improvement to the body is seen within two months. The average cost of Thermage is $2000. For the long lasting results it may be well worth it.
5. Sclerotherapy. Varicose veins are a problem that bothers many men and women. Their unsightly appearance causes legs to look very lumpy and unattractive. Sclerotherapy is one treatment for varicose veins. This treatment is an injectable solution (Sodium Tetradecyl Sulphate (STS) and Asclera) that causes the vein to seal off from additional leg veins and is then be reabsorbed into the body. These sessions last 15 to 20 minutes and are done by tiny injections. The average cost of this procedure is $100 to $400. This procedure lasts for up to two years. This is the perfect remedy to bring sexy back with a great pair of legs.
The fountain of youth is a metaphor for cosmetic procedures today. So go ahead and get your fix. You owe it to yourself to look as great as you want to look and medical advances make it possible. New procedures are being invented each year to make looking great easier to achieve, with results that last longer. Do your homework, use reputable physicians and enjoy the new and improved you.