Las Vegas is home to a wide variety of tourist attractions. Thrill seekers will not be disappointed by what Las Vegas has to offer; consider some of these adventures.
1. Richard Petty Driving Experience. If you’ve ever wanted to drive a race car, this is for you. At the Las Vegas Motor Speedway you can drive a 600 horse power NASCAR race car or you can ride along with a professional driver. There are a number of packages to choose from depending on your budget and how many laps you want to drive. Drivers are given an orientation, on-track training about the cars and the track; then they are suited up and strapped into a stock car for the driving experience of their lives (other than rush hour on the I-15).
2. Stratosphere Sky Jump. From the 108th floor of the Stratosphere tower you can experience a “controlled free-fall” to the street below. Guide wires control your fall and slow you just before reaching the ground. The Air Bar is located conveniently on the 108th floor as well, in case you need some liquid courage before your jump. The Stratosphere tower has other scream-inducing rides at the top like the “X-Scream”, a ride similar to a roller-coaster that rolls off the edge of the tower, and “Insanity” a ride that spins you at 40mph while dangling over the edge of the tower.
3. SCA Sky Combat Ace. Have you ever wished you could be a fighter pilot for a day? This is your chance. From the Henderson Executive Airport you can fly with an experienced fighter pilot and instructor in an Extra 330LC aerobatic plane. You will learn about aerobatics and high “G” maneuvering and experience the thrills of aerial combat. The whole experience will be videotaped so you can re-live the excitement any time.
4. Bootleg Canyon Flightlines. Zip from the top of Red Mountain near Lake Mead along a zip line for more than a mile at speeds up to 50 mph. This company also runs a zip line ride down the Fremont Street Experience for a much shorter ride.
5. Las Vegas Flight Ventures. This attraction is more of an armchair thrill; with Las Vegas Flight Ventures you can take the controls of a Boeing 737 flight simulator. OK, it’s not really a death defying feat, but after all those other heart pumping adventures you need to relax a little.