The newest treatment for reducing pain and visibility of scars comes in an unlikely form. A batch of 3LT lasers has been approved by the FDA for scar reduction, and quite a few other treatments. This treatment works naturally and painlessly. There are quite a few reasons why you should look into lasers for scar reduction, and here are a few of them.
- Painless: The simply treatment is completely painless. The most the patient will feel is a tingling sensation on the scar, as a result of increased productivity in the cell tissue. There are no incisions required, and no pain whatsoever.
- No Medications Needed: Many other treatments require antibiotics or pain medication. Since it is an external solution, there are no medications required whatsoever. Many people take forms of ibuprofen to help with the pain and swelling of scars, but these medicines are not necessary with the 3LT treatment.
- Non-thermal: Heat lasers have the ability to damage cell tissue because of their high power. Since the 3LT lasers function as a cold laser, there is no heat, and no chance of damaging the cellular tissue. Cold lasers are unable to damage cell, they simply act as a catalyst in the healing process.
- Natural: The best thing about this treatment is that it is 100% natural. The monochromatic light simply stimulates the natural body processes. The laser reacts with the light sensitive organelles in the cell; this stimulation increases the productivity of those organelles, producing more ATP. ATP is basically the body's fuel, and increased fuel means increased productivity. This helps the body heal the scar much more quickly.
- Chronic Pain Reduction: Many severe tissue wounds can create chronic pain, swelling, and itchy irritation. The use of low level lasers has been shown to reduce this chronic pain with the healing process. If the lasers are used early, there might not be any chronic pain whatsoever. There are many reasons why scars should be removed, despite them being unsightly, they can become irritated by the sun, can potentially open up and become infected, and they can always be painful.