1) Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes! With all the lakes in the state, imagine how many great activities you can do. Whether you want to bring the family and so some swimming or water sports or whether you want to bring some friends and rent out a boat, Minnesota has plenty of water for you to do it on. Summers in Minnesota bring flocks and flocks of people to enjoy the water, in fact some resort towns double their populations in the summer. However winter is also a great time to enjoy these lakes, as there is great ice fishing to be done here. No matter what season you choose to visit, I guarantee the lakes will provide you with a great backdrop of things to do.
2) The People: Minnesotans are very nice and friendly people who will welcome you graciously into their state. It’s nice to be able to go on a Minnesota vacation and not have to worry about people being rude or not helpful. Minnesotans are good people and they are more than willing to help you out if you need anything on your visit.
3) The Snow: Minnesota gets a bad reputation for having horrible winters, however this is not always the case. Of course there are the blizzards and the below zero days, however this is not an every day occurrence. Winters here can actually be quite enjoyable and they can provide you with some great activities to do especially if you are willing to have some fun in the snow. The snow allows you to do things you otherwise normally wouldn’t get to do such as snowmobiling and skiing. You can also have fun doing simple things such as building snowmen, having snowball fights, or simply making snow angels. Don’t let Minnesota winters get you down, rather bundle up and get ready to have some fun.
4) The Cities: Minneapolis and St. Paul are great places to go if you want to experience the city life on your vacation. Visit the Mall of America and spend the day shopping and visiting the theme park there. Take in a professional sports game as the cities are home to the four Minnesota pro teams, the Twins, Vikings, Timberwolves, and the Wild. Walk around and explore the arts and shops downtown or go uptown and have some fun. The cities are a big attraction for many people and you will find that there are endless things for you to do here.
5) Valley Fair: I don’t know about you but I love a good theme park. Valley Fair is a great place to bring the family or to bring a group of friends. They have several high-fling rides that are sure to get your adrenaline going. Visit the park on a hot day and take advantage of the water park that they have there and spend the day getting wet and wild! Valley Fair is a great place to spend a day or two if just want to kick back and have some laid back fun!