American cultural anthropologist Margaret Mead once said, "Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need." She was absolutely correct, but sometimes, in our quest to fulfill that need, we begin to settle for less than we deserve. Here are some of the biggest signs he's not the one for you.
1. He treats your work as trivial. A real man will appreciate the fact that you are independent, talented and motivated. If he belittles your work, he doesn't respect you, and you can do much better.
2. He hates on your friends or family. You don't have to like everyone you meet, but if your man has no problem expressing his contempt for the people you are closest to, then he's really communicating how much you matter to him. If he cares, he'll be willing to get to know them because they're important to you.
3. He has a temper. It's one thing to argue, but it's a horse of a different color to fight. In a healthy relationship, you and your significant other will disagree, but in a respectful manner. If his form of disagreeing with you is to sink to the level of personal insults or name calling, he hasn't grown up enough to be a good partner for anyone.
4. He doesn't have time for you. Let's face it- we're all busy. Between work, family and friends, there isn't a lot of time in the day. However, if your man is placing you at the bottom of his list of priorities, then he doesn't value you enough to deserve you. This is not to say that he should be blowing off the other important responsibilities in his life, but he should make time to hang out with you, too.
5. He doesn't listen. Almost everyone practices selective listening from time to time, but if his form of selective listening is interfering with your life, you've got real problems. If he's leaving the toilet seat up on a regular basis, it may not be a deal breaker, but if every time you try to communicate about something important, it goes in one ear and out the other, you might as well date a brick wall.