Do You Ever Wonder What You Thought About When You Were A Child?
How a child sees the world is usually completely different to how an adult does. Whether it is something major or even something as simple as to why they like a certain colour.
I often try and remember back when I was a child and what I thought about things and while some are easy, others are not. I often wonder what I thought about when I was 7, or who were my friends when I was 9 or even what made me happy when I was 13 but as the years go on, a lot of things are long forgotten.
After recently talking to my children and listening to some of their answers or even just over hearing them chit chat to each other, I decided to make a list of questions that I could ask them. I tried to put a bit of everything into the list so when they are older they would get to see how they thought when they were younger and hopefully get a bit of a laugh. I didn’t just make it about them but things in general as I wanted to know what they thought all round. I printed each child the same list and had them write their answers on a separate page so I can save them into their achievements folders. I will ask some of the same questions again next year, although not all just to see if their opinion or ideas have changed as to why certain things are the way they are.
My children loved answering and laughing at each other’s responses at the end of it. I told a few of my friends who then asked me to pass on my list so they can also ask their children and keep it for years to come.
I have included some of their answers at the bottom of the page, so you can see how fun this could be with your own family.
This idea could also be used as a gift for someone depending on what type of questions you ask such as a Teacher, Parents, Grandparents or even as a Framed 18th or 21st present.
What type of questions you ask is your choice, but as to not make it to boring for the children I chose a mixture. Some questions such as “Why is the sky blue?” might end up with answers such as “because it just is” or you could end up with a wild imaginative tale that can be shared and remembered for years to come!
Our 60 Fun Questions!
Here we go!
1. Do you think it is necessary to clean the house every day? Explain your answer.
2. If you had to cook dinner tonight what would you cook?
3. Have you ever seen the faces that the clouds make?
4. When we have another baby would you want it to be a boy or girl?
5. Would you like to have tea with the queen? Why or why not?
6. What will you not do when you are a teenager?
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
8. What country would you like to visit the most?
9. Who is your best friend?
10. What is the youngest memory you have?
11. What is the best present you have ever been given?
12. What do you want for Christmas this year?
13. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
14. Apart from mum and dad who is the next person you trust the most?
15. What phone number do you ring in an emergency?
16. What is our postcode?
17. Who is the scariest person you know and why?
18. Who is your favourite teacher at school?
19. Where do babies come from?
20. What is mum’s favourite thing to do?
21. What is dad’s favourite thing to do?
22. If you could meet anyone in the world who would it be and why?
23. What are your brothers and sisters favourite things to do?
24. What is your favourite thing about being a kid?
25. Tell me something funny that happened to you?
26. What is the nicest thing you have done for someone?
27. What is the grossest thing you can think of?
28. What is dad’s favourite food?
29. What is your favourite food?
30. What does mum do when you are at school?
31. What does dad do for a living? (His job)
32. What is your favourite song?
33. What is your favourite TV show?
34. How many kids are you going to have when you’re a grown up?
35. If you could have any pet in the world what would it be and what would you call it?
36. If you could send a letter to anyone in the world who would it be?
37. What is your favourite word?
38. What do you think is the biggest rule in our house?
39. Why is the sky blue?
40. If you could be invisible for one day what would you do?
41. If you could make one rule that the entire world had to follow, what would it be?
42. What does Santa smell like?
43. Where does the light go when it gets turn off?
44. What are you afraid of?
45. What is something mum always says to you?
46. What do your brothers and sisters do that make you mad?
47. Tell me the 5 best things about you?
48. If a genie gave you one wish what would it be?
49. When you look in the mirror at yourself, what do you see?
50. Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
51. I want you to look around the house or room and look for faces. Where can you see them?
52. Imagine half a glass of water; is the glass half full or half empty? Why?
53. What do you think the tooth fairy does with all the teeth she collects?
54. If you were going to live on a deserted island for 1 year, and could only take 3 things what would they be?
55. What do you think your husband or wife look like?
56. What is your favourite sound?
57. What is the naughtiest thing you have done?
58. If you could change your name what would it be?
59. What did you do at school today?
60. Is there anything else you want to say or ask me a question back?
Our Children's Answers
(Ages 7 - 11)
Question 1. Do you think it is necessary to clean your house every day?
"No, because if you do, you are a cleaning maniac and you only need to clean the house every two days."
Question 10. What is the youngest memory you have?
"When there was a massive green frog in the toilet and you didn’t believe me until you seen it."
Question 13. If you could be any animal in the world what would it be and why?
"I would be a zebra so I could have my hair in a Mohawk every day."
Question 39: Why is the sky blue?
"Because the giant in the sky spilt food colouring everywhere."
Question 52: Imagine a glass of water; is it half full or half empty?
"It’s half full because I just seen you fill it up."
Question 54: If you were going to live on a deserted island for 1 year, and could only take 3 things. What would they be?
"Food, Computer and the house."
Credit: I own this image
Honestly I would love to share all my children's answers, but there is so many. We had so much fun as a family answering and reading through all 60 of the questions, some making us laugh others simply shocked.
This is a perfect way to find out if your child knows the emergency numbers, your phone numbers and important stuff when caught off guard that you may want to know without making it an issue. Above all that though, it is so much fun!
If you decide to try the 60 Fun Questions, please feel free to leave a comment below with some of your answers.
I would love to see them!