Spaceships, the stars and planets as well as movies such as Star Wars are interesting topics for many kids (and grown ups). This interest in outer space can encourage kids to love reading and improve their reading skills...because with reading it is a case of practice, practice, practice... so here are the top six books recommended by Amazon parents.
1. Star Wars Readers (DK Readers): DK readers have a series of Star Wars stories for early readers that are highly rated by parents. There are books available for all reading abilities from Pre-Level 1 upwards with Luke Skywalker's Amazing Story
2. Berenstain Bears on the Moon:The Berenstain Bear books by Stan and Jan Berenstain always seem to pop up in lists of popular beginner books. In this adventure the bear cubs experience weightlessness, meteor showers and moon dust, whilst they explore and collect moon rocks. This book is a favorite with parents both as a beginner book and a read aloud storybook for younger children. Despite being out of print Amazon always seems to have new and used copies available from its associated sellers.
3. I Like Stars (Step-into-Reading):A popular book from the Step into Reading series I Like Stars written by the renowned children's book author Margaret Wise Brown, who you may know from her other books such as Goodnight Moon , The Important Book or The Runaway Bunny . Parents find the wonderfully bright illustrations in I Like Stars and the simple text help keep the youngest readers interested, making it a favorite beginner book.
3. Moonwalk - First Trip to the Moon (Step-into-Reading): An advanced early chapter book (Step 5) from the Step into Reading series, Moonwalk is the story of Apollo II's historic flight and includes some interesting history of the USA space program and astronaut training. Parents have found Moonwalk is a high interest early reader for advanced readers and a good read aloud book for beginner readers who do not yet have the skills to read an advanced early reader book.
4. Planets (Time for Kids)
5. Rockets and Spaceships (DK Reader)
6. Space Kid
Amazon statistical nformation correct on the 9th July 2011