Lots of people want to support their favorite charity by fundraising, but many donâ€™t know what to do.Â The amazing thing is that there are so many ways to fundraise and almost everyone is willing to donate at one point or another.Â Why not have them donate to your charity?Â Here are ten great ways to raise money for your favorite charity.
1) Door-to-Door - This is the easiest way to raise money for charity!Â To do this, the first thing you should do is contact the charity and ask if they will provide you with a letter stating that you are raising money for their charity.Â This letter will assure people that their money will actually be getting donated to the charity and not just being spent by you.Â Print out some of the charityâ€™s donation forms online, grab a clipboard and a pen, and youâ€™re ready to go!
2) At Work - If you work at an office with a lot of employees, ask your boss if you can hang up a donation envelope on a bulletin board, or put a donation jar in the break room.Â Also, see if your company will match the money you make through your fundraising efforts.Â If you are a student, ask your teachers for donations.
3) Hold an Event - The most common fundraising event is a benefit concert, though there are a lot more such as motorcycle rides and walk-a-thons.Â If you are good at marketing and promotion, than you should definitely consider holding an event, as it will not only raise money, but also spread the word about your favorite charity, through the publicity you would need to make the even successful.
4) Company Donations - Ask your favorite local companies to either match the money you make through your fundraising efforts, or to just make a flat donation.Â Make sure to get a letter from your charity stating that you are raising money for them.Â This will assure companies that you are legitimate and not going to spend the money.
5) Walmart - Walmart sometimes lets people raising money for charity sit outside their store to solicit their customers as they enter.Â Next time you visit, try to set up a date with the manger for you to do this.Â You would also need a letter from your charity for this to prove that youâ€™re actually raising money for a good cause.Â This fundraising idea can also be used on any other store that has a steady flow of people walking in and out.
6) Ask Everyone! - If you donâ€™t ask, the answer will always be â€œno.â€Â Use Facebook, Twitter, and send out an email blast to all your contacts to let them know that you are raising money for a charity and would appreciate it if they could send you a check.Â Also ask everyone you meet for a donation!Â And when I say â€œeveryoneâ€ I mean it!Â The cashier, banker, barber, doctor, etc., are all possibilities!
Â Hopefully you now have at least found one way that you can make a positive difference and raise money for your charity.Â Remember to thank everyone who has donated, and let them know that they are making our world a better place!