Sleeping patterns vary from one baby to another. While others easily sleep soundly, there are those who find it hard to sleep well. The secret to helping your baby sleep properly is consistency. You have to do the same techniques everyday so that your baby gets used to this. In no time, your activity will be part of his or her daily routine. In this article, you will learn:
- Importance of sleep for babies
- 6 practical tips to put your baby to sleep.
Again, the important strategy in helping your baby sleep is to be consistent. Get great tips here for your baby.
Sleep is very important for babies. It plays an integral part in the development of their brains. In addition, sufficient amount of sleep for babies decreases his chance of acquiring health problems. Apart from that, sleep helps in physical growth and recovery. It boosts the immune system as well. Now that you know the importance of sleep for your babies, don’t you think it is wise to help him sleep well?
Before we start with the techniques, let us first gather the things you will need. You will need a crib or bassinet, a blanket, and optional items such as baby monitor, pacifier, and white noise. After gathering everything you need, start with the techniques.
- Look for telltale signs that baby must sleep. Usually, newborn babies get sleepy after about 90 minutes to two hours at most. If you notice that your little one is exhausted, set up everything so that he or she can go to sleep. The signs include yawning, irregular arm and leg movements, and rubbing eyes.
- Before you put your baby to sleep, make sure that his clothes are clean. Check if they are comfortable too. Don’t forget to change baby’s diaper as well.
- You can wrap your baby in a blanket if you want. Be careful if you are doing this though. Some babies don’t like it when they are too covered. However, there are also those that sleep better when swaddled. Some babies feel like they are carried or cuddled when they are swaddled. Because of this sense of security, they feel the warmth and love of their parents. This helps them sleep.
- Put your baby inside the crib or bassinet when she is already tired yet awake. You can put a pacifier in your baby’s mouth if she likes it. It is recommended to let babies sleep on their backs.
- You can even turn on any device that produces white noise. Sometimes, babies sleep better when white noise is on the background. Examples of the devices that produce white noise are alarm clocks, box fans, and air conditioners. You can even buy a white noise machine if you want.
- Check the temperature of your baby’s room. Make sure that it is between 65 to 70 degrees.
If your baby is on another part of the house, make sure that you turned the baby monitor on. This will help you hear your baby well. There is more to learn when it comes to baby care products. If you want more information about these kinds of products, you can go to a site that specializes in them. Good luck and take care.