What is Wizzley?
If you are looking for an alternative to sites like HubPages, Squidoo, or InfoBarrel, Wizzley may just be it. Wizzley is very similar to these sites. You write articles, create content, then publish them on the site. Wizzley will share with you whatever revenue your content generates.
If you are a new member, your cut of the revenue will be 50%. After publishing 50 good articles, your revenue share will increase to 55%. After 100 articles, this percentage will become 60%.
Wizzley's main moneymakers are Google Adsense, Amazon, Zazzle, and Allposters. One drawback with Wizzley is that it currently doesn't allow you to display eBay products in your content.
It's never a good thing to place all your eggs in one basket. That said, even if you are busy writing on Squidoo or HubPages, you might want to give Wizzley a try.
- Write about popular topics. If you visit Wizzley's homepage, displayed prominently on it is a dynamic view of the popular articles on the site. This shows you the articles that are hot on the site. This doesn't necessarily mean that you write articles that are very similar to them. Use them only to give you an idea on what to write.
- If you can't get article ideas from the popular articles featured on the homepage, you could scroll down to the bottom of the page and browse through the list of topics on Wizzley. There are exactly 32 topics there from which you can choose from.
- Participate in the forums. Wizzley has a pretty active forum where writers interact with each other. There's a lot that you can learn by just browsing through the forum threads. Also, the Wizzley staff are pretty active in the forums as well. Another reason why you should frequently visit the forums.
- Interlink your Wizzley articles. Of the Wizzley tips discussed here, this is one of the most important. Interlinking your articles not only drives more traffic to them, they get a boost in the search engines as well.
- If you are writing for other publishing platforms like HubPages, Squidoo, or InfoBarrel, don't forget to place links pointing to your Wizzley articles as well. HubPages and Squidoo have modules that allow you to easily drop links to other sites. Always make use of these modules.
- Bookmark your Wizzley articles. Doing this gives more exposure for your Wizzley articles. Start by using the top bookmarking sites like Reddit, RedGage, StumbleUpon, and Digg.