Hawaii is a popular vacation spot, and it is easy to understand why. You would be hard pressed to find a picture of the state that is not gorgeous and breathtaking. There is a big difference, though, between a great place to visit and a great place to live. Here we will discuss seven reasons why Hawaii is a wonderful place to raise your family.
Hawaii is actually a series of eight islands - Hawaii, Maui, Oahu, Lanai, Kauai, Molokai, Niihau, and Kahoolawe. Each has its own beauties and benefits. If you are thinking of moving to Hawaii, you will want to do research to determine which of the islands suits you best. The good news is that there are people like Aloha Tony available to help newcomers find the right home in the right location. For simplicity purposes, this information will focus on Hawaii as an entire state and not the individual islands.
1. The people of Hawaii are some of the nicest in the world. Their laid back attitude is infectious. They are peaceful, kind to one another, and respect their land. Some call it the "aloha spirit" and it will make you and your family feel instantly welcome.
2. Hawaii's climate is pretty much perfect. The sun shines every day and the humidity is low. This is great for children
3. The schools of Hawaii have great reputations and statistics. The teacher to student ratio is very low and the student test scores are some of the highest in the nation. The state places great emphasis on education, a plus when raising a family.
4. Hawaii has an abundance of museums. These are great for educational purposes. In addition, the plant life and animal life in the state are unusual. This combined with the access to the ocean provides a great place to study the environment.
5. The rate of children living in property is extremely low. Another very low rate is that of divorce. It is self-explanatory why these facts would sound inviting for a family considering having Hawaii as their home.
6. The shape of Hawaii's healthcare system has received recognition from the Commonwealth Fund, which ranked the state #6 in the nation regarding healthcare. The reasons for Hawaii's hi
7. Hawaii real estate offers great options for the family moving there. Although in general real estate prices in Hawaii tend to be higher than in the mainland United States, the options are more diverse. Also, any house that sits on the beautiful land of Hawaii instantly has greater value. On the plus side of the money issue, real estate taxes there are very low, almost nonexistent compared to some other states. Condos are commonly for sale in Hawaii and at considerably low prices. These condos are very well maintained and in beautiful buildings that have beautiful scenery. Another benefit to Hawaii real estate is that most of it comes furnished. Not only does this increase the value of the real estate, it saves the buyer from moving more items to the islands. There are, of course, large residential homes for sale as well that typically have many bedrooms, great square footage, and large yards.
In 2009 Best Life voted Honolulu, Hawaii, as the best place to raise a family. If you are considering making this move, there are plenty of online sources to help you with this, including Hawaiian real estate agents who can connect with you via email and the internet. Buying real estate in Hawaii only makes sense, because, as they say, the key to buying a home is location, location, location, and what more beautiful location is there than Hawaii?