8 Easy Ways to Never Get a Virus on your computer
A computer virus is a malicious software which replicates itself by modifying other computer programs and inserting its own code. Virus developers use social engineering deceptions and exploit detailed knowledge of security vulnerabilities to infect systems and spread viruses.
Impact of the virus in your system:
- Computer Speed: The primary sign that a computer has a virus that it suddenly becomes less responsive. This still continues after rebooting the computer because the malicious software begins running again.
- Changing of Files: Another effect of computer virus is the modification of files on the hard drive. You may see new and unknown files, folders on a computer's hard drive.
- Corrupted Data: The virus infected data often becomes corrupted. When you try to launch the application, you might receive error messages about the file.
- Unusual Browser Activity: Sometimes you receive same pop-ups no matter what web page you are viewing it could be due to the virus. If your computer is infected, the virus can change your browser startup page to the website that contains other malicious codes.
- Surprising Behavior: Due to virus attack, your computer may show random and surprising behavior. A mouse pointer may start to jump around or stop responding.
Ways to never get a virus on your computer
Beware of Fake download Buttons: The fake download button can show up anywhere, but mostly you'll find them on the download sites. If you click on the fake download, it is possibly malware. But you can escape with this approach by simply exercising caution when clicking links and buttons. And try to consider these things:
- Have you visited this site before?
- Do you check the browser status bar to confirm the link destination?
- Does the button text and font be similar to the rest of the site?
If you have doubts about any question, then avoid that site, and try not to download anything from it. If you are not sure that the site you are using is trustworthy or not, then use a good antivirus software for this purpose. AVG antivirus is an excellent choice for this purpose. It comes with many satisfactory features which help you to keep your device safe. For more details about the features of AVG antivirus.
- Use a secure Browser: The old version of any web browser cannot be considered as secure. These applications are updated regularly by their developers for many reasons and mostly to improve and maintain security.
Online banking, online shopping, and social media have their own risks. You should use secure link while using online transaction.
- Avoid Public Torrent Sites: There are two types of torrent sites: private and public. You can access both sites using the browser. The idea is that you upload more than you download, otherwise be banned from the site. Using public torrent sites can be risky. Malicious software like viruses, Trojans can be present in the downloaded file.
- Delete Media Files Requiring Fake Codecs: Media from torrent sites can usually fake, and you are unable to know until it has downloaded. Usually, a video file, game file, or audio files can be fake and difficult to detect until they're run. If your media player is showing error while opening the video file, then delete it as soon as possible.
- Don't open forwarded email attachments: E-mails are an infamous attack vector for worms and viruses. Avoid opening emails with large attachment files. If you are using webmail solution such as Gmail or Outlook.com, then the risk factor is less.
- Only download Apps from Developers: It is difficult to differentiate between fake and original file. Try to recognize the original file for safe download.
- Don't use your Admin Account: Do not log in with the administrator account, admin account is important for various tasks but not for daily purpose.
- Scan all new files and Disks: If you are inserting any new discs, flash storage or any newly downloaded file then always scan it before using.
So these are top 8 ways to secure your computer from dangerous viruses. Always install a good antivirus for full protection. For any suggestions, comment down below.