Time management is definitely the most critical component of management. We would all be excellent leaders if we had unlimited quantities of time to be able to plan and organize work weeks, coach along with appraise staff, take care of HQ email messages along with aid our associates. The fact, howver, is that all of us find our own selves with a lot more tasks and jobs than valuable time. Never fear! We've eight time management tips to help you preserve those priceless minutes.
1) Coach your employees - This is a very obvious but often forgotten area of management. Instruction in essence equates to empowerment and typically the greater motivated your employees actually are the greater they're going to have the capacity to achieve. The more they're going to be able to achieve the less you will need to work on and consequently the more free time you'll enjoy!
2) Absolutely no reporting to employees! - Your current personnel exist for you to assign to. Don’t let them hand all of the issues over to you personally. In cases where a client concern comes up don’t instantly start dealing with it and then leave the staff member standing idly by whilst you spend your own precious time taking over their job. Insist that they think of options to resolve the situation on their own and allow them the freedom to apply said alternatives.
3) Assign staff members client complaints and problems - If a consumer has a problem that falls in to the class of “typical course of business” do not be reluctant to allocate it to a staff member. You are going to pay them to handle problems whether they like it or not.
4)Under no circumstances recognize the phrase “we aren't paid to do that ” - This phrase in addition to its own sister phrase “it’s definitely not in our contract ” is going to be the beginning of an epidemic that consists of staff deciding exactly what they're ready to do along with what they are not prepared to do. They are paid by you to do anything and everything that's allowed by law. If they are not happy with this then they must look for alternative employment.
5) Give your staff areas of responsibility - No matter whether it is a retailer, cafe or car wash you might be managing, give your personnel specific zones of responsibility. Virtually any area of responsibility which is not designated will in the end become the manager’s responsibility. Every location you assign will reduce your time and efforts spent cleaning up after them.
6) Don’t continually over rule your employees - All the above won't do the job until you allow them to make their own mistakes. As long as they recognize the outcomes associated with a judgment they make (positive or negative), they should be allowed to go ahead with them.
7) Don’t pay personnel to cause you problems - You pay for problem solvers not issue creators. In the event that, inside the regular course of business, a blunder is made, get the staff member responsible to sort it out. If they're not able to comply then they are in the wrong job.
8) Record anything - Whether you utilize a notepad or even a sophisticated piece of computer software, keep a list of existing problems and who these are allotted to. Ask for progress reports daily from your staff and encourage them to get these problems sorted out!
Adhere to these time management suggestions and keep in mind that one of the most crucial aspects of time management is the way a boss interacts with his/her employees. Don’t let their problems become your problems. Assist them as well as advise them but don't forget who assigns jobs to whom and who should make requirements on whose time.