An Earth day activities for kids
This beautiful handmade Desk Organizer is one of the many ways to recycle materials found around the house. It is also a great earth day activity for kids, parents, and or teacher to do together.
The process is easy and cheap. We use toilet paper every day, and receive magazines and flyers in the mail daily. Below is a simple step-by-step instruction on how to make this one of a kind Desk Organizer.
Recycle materials you will need
- Three Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- An empty Cheese Box
- News Paper or Magazine
Other tools for the recycling project
- A Dish that is about 1’’ wider than the cheese box
- A Blow Dryer
- A Pair of Scissors
- Paper Glue
Step-by-step instruction on this recycling idea
1. Press one end of the Toilet Paper roll together and cut it in a Triangle. After Cutting the Toilet Paper Rolls, it should look like this.Credit: Henderson Daniel
2. Glue one end of the News Paper or page from the Magazine to the Toilet Paper Roll. Wrap the paper around the roll, glue together and cut the extra paper. Dry with the blow dryer.Credit: Henderson Daniel
3. Put the dish on the paper and draw a circle on the sheet of paper. Cut out the circle with the pair of scissors. “This is to wrap the cheese box, which will form the base.” Then place the cheese box in the center of the circle and draw a smaller circle around the cheese box. With the pair of scissors, cut the paper until it reaches the smaller circle on the paper (cut all around)Credit: Henderson Daniel
4. Put glue on the bottom, circumference and inside of the cheese box. Wrap the paper around the cheese box and dry with the blow dryer. Put some glue at the base of the rap toilet paper rolls and place it in the cheese box one by one, and then dry with the blow dryer.
Project Complete: A beautiful Handmade Desk Organizer, Made from every day waste.Credit: Henderson Daniel
Let us all recycle and make a greener Earth.