There is no doubt that coughing is painful, and lots of respiratory infections start out as a dry cough. There are many conditions that maybe the possible causes of dry cough, including common old and flu, upper respiratory tract infection, asthma, lung cancer, certain drugs, air pollution, allergies and smoking.
Excessive dry cough may result in dryness and soreness in your throat, and if it's not be treated, may also cause other diseases. Before you consider using medicines for a dry cough, we suggest you consider the natural cures, there are many natural remedies for dry cough you can try.
Why Sage Works and How it Helps to Relieve From Dry Cough?
This plant has both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, contributes to faster recovery when you're suffering from dry cough.
You will also get several nutrients by consuming sage, as it contains a good amount of Vitamin B1, C and P.
Besides, sage has a good soothing effect on throat, that's why it is often referred to as the throat herb, and it also has been used for mouth and throat ailments since long time.
It's highly recommended that you take sage mixed with milk and take this drink before bedtime for best result. Here is the recipe:
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon of sage leaf tea
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon raw honey to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Make it in 3 simple steps:
Put the milk in a pot, mix with the sage leaf tea and boil it on low heat.
Close the heat once the milk boil. And add the butter in it, cover the pot and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
Add the honey and turmeric and then strain the solution ready for a drink.
How to use:
Drink this solution before your bedtime, and you will have a calm night without exhausting cough for sure.
This solution can be used for both adults and children, and it's also tastes a lot better than most cough syrups too.
It's always the best choice if you can treat your ailments with the natural home remedies. Besides sage, there are many other home remedies for a dry cough:
1. 50/50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and raw honey. Take 2 tablespoon of the mixture and swallow slowly before your bedtime.
2. Boil oregano with a cup of water, filter it and drink to relieve a dry cough.
3. Mix a teaspoon of salt with a cup of warm water to gargle also works to treat a dry cough.
4. A cup of hot milk with honey before you go to bed will cure a dry cough, and also give you a good night sleep at the same time.
5. A ginger-basil tea work great to soothe your sore throat caused by a dry cough. Put a piece of ginger, 3-4 basil leaves in boiling water and drink this tea to cure your symptoms.
6. This is another simple but effective remedy to sooth a dry cough. Simply add a teaspoon cinnamon in a cup of water and drink it.
7. Take a cup of grape juice and it will help you feel better. As grape acts as an expectorant as well as strengthen your lungs. Mix a tablespoon of raw honey in the grape juice and drink it before you going to sleep.
8. To relieve a dry cough, turmeric also helps. Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder with honey and a cup of water, drink it and you'll find a big differences almost instantly because of the natural healing effect of turmeric on dry cough.
9. Mix a tablespoon of raw onion juice with a tablespoon of raw honey and let the mixture rest for 4-5 hours. Take this natural syrup 3 times a day to solve your dry cough.
10. Mix a tablespoon of honey in a cup of carrot juice, and drink it regularly in a day to soothe a dry cough.