Wordpress and Search Engines
Wordpress sites are easy to optimize because of the availability of many plugins. Most of this plugins are free but one can opt for their pro versions which offer better options. Other than the this, Wordpress is a darling to many search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo among others. It is therefore clear that even non-programmers can own sites via wordpress and maintain them without the help of experts.
All in One SEO Plugin
This is one of the most popular plugin we have in wordpress that a lot of website owners have downloaded for a number of times. One thing I like about it is that it requires almost no SEO experience and your work is just to download and install it. It has a lot of features and if you install it, you may avoid installing other few plugins like XML Sitemap.
Its competitor is SEO by Yoast. It is good and if you come across the two, at the same time, you may fail to know what to choose since they have almost the same features.
There are a number of SEO plugins that one can use to Optimize a Wordpress site. There arises a problem when it becomes difficult to choose one that satisfies your needs and those of your site. It is therefore crucial for one to carry out a research before installing any. There are some plugins that can lock you out of your site if installed accidentally. For the same reason, I have taken my time to use and have experience on how the All in One SEO plugin works.
The following are its features:
- It is compatible with many plugins. This is crucial should you want to avoid the plugins' in fighting which reduces the their productivity.
- One can use it to override any title and set any META description. This can help in optimizing the site's SEO.
- This plugin doesn't have limits when it comes to tweaking your SEO. This means that you can use it to fine-tune everything. Note that this is possible only if you are an advanced user.
- Do you know that this plugin works out-of-the-box? If you didn't, then you have. This is good music to beginners because it will not give them a challenge when it comes to tweaking. Just install it.
- This plugin helps one to avoid the typical duplicate content on wordpress sites. Duplicate content can affect you site's ranking since it will be treated as spam by some of the search engines.
- Has provision for advanced canonical URLS.
- It can help you to fine-tune the page navigational links.
- The other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality because it has an in-built API.
- If you are running an e-commerce site, this is a good plugin to use because it provides SEO integration for wordpress e-commerce sites.
- It supports CMS style wordpress installations.
- This plugin automatically optimizes your titles for search engines like Yahoo, Google and Bing.
- It automatically generates META tags.
- It supports Google analytics.
- This plugin supports XML sitemap. It therefore submits your sitemap to Google and Bing and as a result improves your SEO.