Tips on How to Protect your Skin
The skin is considered the largest organ of a human being. It has many functions but in general, it protects the body from damages. Because of the diverse function of our skin, it is very important that we take good care of it.
The sun has its benefits for our body, but it is better that we are exposed to it in moderation. Over exposure to the ultraviolet radiation of the sun can cause a lot of skin damage. One factor of skin aging, like the wrinkles we see in our face is the sun. Since the UV rays can penetrate deep into our skin, it can damage the collagen in our skin which is an important component that gives it that firm and smooth look. Exposure to the sun’s rays can also produce freckles and sun spots which is considered as skin damage. Sunburn is a very common result of over exposure to the sun. Aside from the painful sensation of sunburn, it also increases the risk of a person in developing skin cancer.
Though the sun may be the most known factor that causes skin damage, exposure to a lot of other pollutants may result to damaged skin.
Here are some tips on how to protect our skin:
- Protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Especially nowadays that it becomes too hot, make sure that you use sunscreen or sunblock to protect your skin. Choose the right product by knowing its components and how much it can protect your skin. Aside from this, you can use other things to cover your skin, using a cap may give some protection and umbrellas can also be used during a hot day. If it is not called for, it would be better to stay at home or other places with sufficient cover from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Drink enough water everyday. Like what is recommended, eight glasses of water everyday would be very beneficial not only for your health but your skin as well. Water will help hydrate your skin and produce that healthy glow.
- Avoid smoking. This is one pollutant that speeds up skin aging. Refraining from smoking is a very good way of taking care of you whole body.
- Use skin products that are not harsh on the skin. You can always look for natural products that would be a good alternative for store bought and mostly chemical based skin care products.
- Cleansing your skin is a very good way to keep it healthy. Since we are so much exposed with the different pollutants in our environment, cleansing it at the end of the day would strip off those unwanted dirt that our skin has accumulated.
Eat and live healthy. Eating the right kind of food and living a healthy lifestyle is one way of achieving that healthy and radiant glow.