Acne facial masks are useful home remedies for acne that can help relieve inflammation, drawing out oils, and moisturize the skin. Use a mask after cleaning the skin and them on removing the mask be sure to use a moisturizer to replace the loss natural oils. Be sure to test any of the ingredients used in these masks to be sure they will not cause any adverse reactions before applying them to any extensive areas of your skin.
A listing of facial washes and moisturizers that will help to treat and prevent acne can be found in my other articles by using the links provided in this article. Home acne treatments don't have to be expensive or require a trip to the doctor's office.
1. Crush 2-3 uncoated aspirins to a fine powder in a cup. Add 1 teasp. warm water and 1/4 teasp. of raw honey. Mix well and apply to the affected area. Leave on for at least 30 minutes then rinse off and apply moisturizer. Aspirin will combat inflammation and relieve acne redness while honey moisturizes and fights infection. Honey is one of the best natural remedies for acne.
2. Mix 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, 2 Tablesp. chopped onion, 1 Tablesp. raw honey, and enough water to make a paste. Apply to face and leave on for 20 to 40 minutes before washing off. Oatmeal will sooth the skin and draw out oils. Onion has anti-bacterial properties and while smelly is a great home remedy for acne.
3. Mix 2 Tablesp. brewers yeast with enough water to make a paste and apply to face. Leave on for 20 minutes then wash and rinse face. Brewer's yeast will help the skin to heal and remove excess oils.
4. Plain honey - Rub raw honey on the affected area and leave on for as long as possible. Honey has anti-bacterial properties and will help moisturize the skin.
5. To one cup of raw Oatmeal add 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1 tablespoon honey, and enough water to make a paste. Apply to the affected area and let dry for an hour. Wash as usual.
6. Mash up a tomato and apply the tomato pulp to the affected area. Leave on for 1 hour and then rinse off.
7. Break a fresh egg into a bowl, remove the yolk and use only the whites. Spread the egg whites all over the affected skin and let it sit till it drys and pulls the skin tight. Wash the egg off using a gentle facial wash and moisturize.
8. Take an avacodo, mash it up and add a little honey. Apply to face and leave on until it dries. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
9. Squeeze the juice out of a good size Aloe Vera leaf and rub it all over the face. Let the juice dry and then cover the face with Colgate toothpaste. Leave the acne mask on overnight and then wash it off in the morning with your regular acne face wash and apply moisturizer. Many home remedies for acne call for aloe vera.
10. Fill a cup, half way with uncooked oatmeal, add a tablespoon of honey, and add the juice from half a lemon. Mix well and apply to the affected area. Leave on up to 1 hour and then rinse off and moisturize.
Natural home remedies for acne really work and they are not only better for your skin than those store bought, chemical filled products, but they are cheaper too. Facial masks will act to soothe irritated skin, draw out excess oils, tighten the skin, and leave the skin feeling smooth.