The key to managing rosacea is early detection. Early treatment of rosacea can stop it from progressing to an advanced stage. Acne rosacea treatment method is varying. But before we get to the treatment methods and the bottom of this, we should first confer about rosacea.
Rosacea is a skin condition that is characterized by redness and flushing of the skin. Other symptoms include visible blood vessels and acne-like bumps. In extreme cases, the eyes may become irritated and swollen. Even the nose becomes enlarged too if the mild stage is left untreated. Usually the cheeks, chin, nose and forehead are the areas affected by this. Sometimes, the infection reaches the neck, ears and chest. Most often, fair skinned women who are 30 years old and above are affected by this skin disorder.
Unfortunately, there is no cure that can treat the direct cause of rosacea. What we can do is to manage or control rosacea flare-ups. Listed below are the existing acne rosacea treatment methods in no particular oder:
- Topical creams
- Facial cleansers and peels â€“ these cleansers and peels remove bacteria from the affected areas and ward off rosacea symptoms
- Laser therapy â€“ is considered as a safe alternative even if it causes slight discomfort. Applying ice packs over the affected area can help lessen the soreness. You will have to go through several sessions before arriving to your desired result though. Sessions should be spaced about three to six weeks apart. It is also important that you stay away from the sun to avoid irritations.
- Glycolic peel â€“ may control rosacea by using chemical peels. However, this causes itching and stinging sensation. Extra caution is advised when undergoing this treatment as skin peeling can irritate sensitive skin.
- Oral antibiotics â€“ this is frequently prescribed to those who have moderate rosacea.
- Photodynamic therapy â€“ involves a topical photosensitizer liquid to reduce irritations, pimples, and enhances the skin of the rosacea sufferer.
- Sunscreen - sun exposure is a well-known rosacea trigger. One way to protect yourself from this is by using sunscreen. Another is by using an oversized hat and sunglasses. Sunscreen lotion with SPF higher than 30 is recommended.
There are also natural remedies that can help you manage rosacea. Maybe the two alternatives below can help you:
- Green tea is said to lessen irritations and redness because of its anti-inflammatory components.
- Another rosacea treatment you can do is to dilute vinegar. Mix 1 part vinegar and 6 parts water. Use this concoction as your daily cleanser. This is very effective as vinegar is a known disinfectant and bacteria-buster. Beware though because vinegar may trigger rosacea in some.
- Third option is to have a healthy lifestyle. Avoid excessive alcohol intake and watch your food consumption.
- Last is to avoid your rosacea triggers. These triggers can be spicy foods, alcohol, heat, extreme weather conditions and stress. There are different triggers per person so take note of yours.
Acne rosacea treatment method should be acquired from your dermatologist. Any steps should be first brought to your doctor as self-prescription might cause you damage.