Taking surveys itself is a wonderful experience. From you experience, you can participate in a survey. This information gets analysed and forms a knowledge bank which is used for various purposes. With growing internet penetration, online surveys have become a routine affair. However there are always two sides of the coin.
Advantages of Taking Surveys Online:
1. You are comfortable giving surveys as you are either sitting at your home or leisure location which is comfortable than going to any studios or locations where routine surveys are held.
2. You can concentrate more on various options available and choose the best one. In regular surveys it is only your instant reaction which may be under some influence. In online surveys you are absolutely free to say anything without any fear or influence.
3. You can choose from a variety of topics to participate in an online survey. Whereas in regular surveys you have to stick to the subject. In online surveys if you don't like the subject you can just switch to another interesting survey.
Disadvantages of Taking Surveys Online:
1. There are very limited genuine online survey companies which give you an opportunity to take surveys online and pays you. There are lots of fraud companies which lure you to participate in surveys to get paid. Most of us fall to these tactics. But ultimately you get nothing.
2. The results of online surveys are rarely available. So you can not see where your opinion has gone or what is the outcome of the online survey.
3. Your interaction gets reduced as you are the only one taking survey as opposed to a group survey where you can listen to others view points and others choices.