Hot flashes, mood swings, and other symptoms make menopause a troublesome experience in the lives of women. Many women seek alternative therapies for menopause, such as hormone therapy, to cure menopausal symptoms like osteoporosis and postmenopausal cardiovascular disease. Alternative therapies for menopause have been proven to prevent irritability and depression.
Remedies to Alleviate Menopausal Symptoms
Below are some of the remedies that can alleviate menopausal side effects:
• Soy – Scientific tests show that when a woman’s bone density is increased, her depression, irritability and hot flashes are lessened. Large amounts must be ingested for soy to be effective in decreasing symptoms associated with menopause.
• Natural Progesterone –Plant-based or natural progesterone are widely used to treat menopausal symptoms. Although no scientific evidence has proven its efficiency, many are still using it due to the positive reviews from other women who have tried taking it.
• Fish Oils –Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil can be a good way to prevent cardiovascular disease in menopausal women. Consumption of fish oil capsules is a convenient way to get the necessary Omega-3 fatty acids that women need.
• Magnesium –The use of magnesium increases bone mineral density in both the menopausal and elderly women. Consumption of it reduces chances of depression, irritability and hot flashes.
• Evening Primrose Oil –Evening Primrose Oil may reduce the hot flashes and depression which are common in menopausal women.
• Black Cohosh – Is an herb that is widely used in Europe to treat menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes.
• Red Clover – Has been proven not only to prevent menopausal and post-menopausal syndrome in women but also prevent cardiovascular disease.
• Exercise – Regular exercise has been proven to help women who suffer from menopausal symptoms. Just sitting at home will make the negative side effects much worse and make it will increase the feeling of discormfort.
How to Relieve Menopause Symptoms
These alternative therapies for menopause can be effective, but if the effect does not materalize or if you have any doubts, it would be best to consult a healthcare professional. This is also recommended if you are taking any prescription drugs or undergoing any treatment. A doctor will be able to provide assistance and answer all your questions.
In general, the best alternative therapies for menopausal syndrom will emphasize healthy living. A good and varied diet and regular exercise is the first step to feel comfortable with oneself. After having that down pat, it is a good idea to look into beneficial supplements as the final touch.