All these years I knew that one should start taking care of her skin after 40! The myth broke when I entered college and realised that the sooner you start taking care of your skin, the better it is. A beauty conscious mom advises (warned!) to me that if I don't take care of my skin then I might have wrinkles even before 30! Scared I finally decide to do something for my skin. After immense research i found out that the sooner you take care of your skin, the slower the aging is.I have always believed in home-made therapies, they are more effective and even if they don't do any good to your skin, they will not harm your skin. The skin condition improves a lot by these natural remedies and are not heavy on the budget. So here is the list of some of the face packs which are home-made. I have applied them for a month and can see slight difference(maybe because my skin has not sagged so much). The effects have been great on my mother's 's skin when I emailed the packs to her. It is advisable to apply face pack once a week.
Apply any of the below pack for 15 - 20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water and follow with your regular moisturizer
- Mash half banana, 1 tsp curd and 1/2 tsp honey. Your face will glow and be soft after you wash the pack.
- Mix glycerin and honey in 1:1 proportion. You can also apply this mixture before going to bed.
- Banana is an excellent anti wrinkle pack. Mash banana with 1 tsp of rose-water.
- Mix egg yolk with 2 tsp of whole milk. A little messy but very good for the skin!
- 1 tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of lemon juice and egg-white mixed together is an effective mask.
- Apple is an excellent mask in treating wrinkles because it is rich in vitamins. Simply mash an apple and apply.
- Green gram, coconut oil 1 tsp each and a pinch of turmeric powder will also help in whitening your skin.
- Cornflour and honey mixed in equal proportion are an excellent cleanser too.
- Mix carrot juice and almond oil 1 tsp each. It is an excellent anti wrinkle pack.
- Carrot juice 1 tsp, honey 1/2 tsp and soda bi carbonate 1/2 tsp mixed together is very good for the skin.
- Mash 2 peaches and 1/2 tsp of lemon and apply. It will also help in reducing tan from your skin.
- Red sandalwood powder mixed with 1 tsp of honey is a good and effective pack for people who have pigmentation. (it has worked wonders for my mother)
Applying packs is important but taking care of health is more important. Proper sleep, exercise and healthy life style will always make you look younger and healthier. There is no magic cream which can disappear all wrinkles from our face. Any cosmetic product claiming to erase wrinkles from face is just false advertisement. Sometimes i apply these face packs for glowing skin