The Main Menu on Aralon: Sword and Shadow.
Aralon: Sword and Shadow is an iPod and iPad app created by Crescent Moon Games. It takes place in the fictitious Kingdom of Aralon, a huge virtual world waiting to be explored by adventurous iOS gamers. This intriguing, addicting, and breathtaking RPG is an amazing achievement of iPod and iPad gameplay.
Who Would Like Aralon: Sword and Shadow?
Honestly, if you give it the small amount of time and practice it needs, Aralon could be the app for everyone. Although the controls and interface are slightly confusing at first, you can master the gameplay through minimal practice. This app is a must-have for hardcore RPG gamers, but because of its different difficulty levels it also makes a nice entry-level RPG. Aralon is the next best thing to having the Elder Scrolls or Skrim on your iPhone.
Aralon: Sword and Shadow has gameplay reminiscent of the Elder Scrolls.
- Aralon: Sword and Shadow gives you a ton of gameplay. Crescent Moon Games says that you can get 30 hours out of it, but if you are a beginner to these types of in-depth games, it will last a lot longer. Plus, you can replay it as a different character or on a different difficulty level, and it will hardly seem like you've played it before.
- You can customize your characters on Aralon: Sword and Shadow extensively. There are three different races to choose from, not to mention different warrior classes to master. You can even color their hair and pick what their face will look like.
- The map is huge. You will always be finding areas that you've never been to before.
- There are different difficulty levels to choose from. This is especially handy if you're a beginner, or if you're a hardcore gamer.
- There are quests in Aralon: Sword and Shadow. You don't just walk around and kill dwarfs, although that is fun. There are a ton of quests. Even if you play the game more than once, you may find yourself completing quests that you never even started the first time around.
- The graphics are great. Some people say that they're only "okay," but you can't ask for much more on the iPod and iPad. Crescent Moon Games did the best with the device that they were optimizing the app for, and the graphics are superb compared to other iOS apps.
- It's optimized for iPod and iPad. Let's face it, pressing the "x2" in the corner of your iPad doesn't help too much. With Aralon: Sword and Shadow, you don't have to go through the horrid graphics and illegible writing that comes with using iPod apps on the iPad.
Characters on Aralon: Sword and Shadow are extremely customizable.
- Aralon: Sword and Shadow costs a lot compared to other apps on the App Store. At $4.99, however, it's worth it.
- The loading sequences are a little long.
- It takes a lot of taps to save your game. After a while, it gets old to go through the same tap cycle just so that you can pick up where you left off last time.
- Even on the easy difficulty setting, there may be some bosses that are just too difficult to kill for beginner players. If you encounter this, try using an internet walkthrough to help you get past where you're stuck.
The loading sequences on Aralon: Sword and Shadow take a while, but it doesn't strongly influence the quality of the game.
Rating: Five Stars
Buy Aralon: Sword and Shadow. You won't be disappointed with its amazing gameplay.