Article Marketing is a method or practice by which the writer submits their content to web publishers in return for web promotion. You control the content and most importantly you control the backlink and the anchor texts. Goals are to both gain traffic and rank higher in the search engine.
- Article should contain at least 400 or more words, and breaks in your paragraphs so that the article is easier to read.
- Words you want or need to rank for should be in the title. Anchor text should be the same word you want to rank for in the body.
What do you do with the articles?
Content Syndication has become a very powerful tool for link building. This is when your material is made available to other sources like Article Directories, Blogs, and Social Media websites.
- Some sites publish articles and make them available to webmasters to publish on their websites. They also make them available to a third party, directory or blog to pick up.
- So if you have your articles posted anywhere, make sure you have reviewed the sites reputation and take heed to any comments from other writers that you may hear about the site. Submit good, powerful, and strong content.
- If you run your own blog, you should keep the best content for your area. Syndicated content should go out to others.
- Join an Article Network for traffic leverage.
Submit to good article directories and webmasters, hand submit, or outsource the work to someone else. Fiverr is a goodsite with people that do outsourced work. More is not always better these are good directories that pass traffic. Submitting to mass directories then you may have penalties from Google. Maintain a normal growth rate in traffic or a flag will go up.
- Don't risk over optimization penalties. Vary your anchor text and mix it up. For example, link to a subpage, link to a page that talks about the article content, and vary anchor text.
- Really monitor and track progress of your work. Monitoring who picks up your article and see who is picking up your article and maybe offer them to purchase. See what topics are working and see what is not.
Navigation links on a webpage are devalued by Google and links within the body of the content are weighted heavier in terms of coding the first link on the page gets the most weight and the most value. About the Author links carry less weight, since they are on the lower on the page.
Duplicate content is an issue in Article Marketing because there is no duplicate content filter in Google. What does exist is competition, and sites get evaluated for there profile. The one that has the better site value is going to rank higher in Google evaluating the competition and eliminating the weaker party. They will look at the entire pool of people that trying to optimize for a particular Keyword or niche and which is the best.
These are some basic tips for New Writers to the Internet. I am a New Writer to the Internet and it seems like an infinite learning process. I'm not claiming to be an Expert. I'm only making an attempt to comprehend what I am learning and share it with others who may need help as well. Happy Writing!