Are you in the market for auto insurance? If so, you might have considered one of the thousands of auto insurance specialists that are out there. Before you go to one to purchase insurance, it is best that you learn a few terms so you know what you are talking about. There are many great resources on the net that will give you all the information that you need to make a good decision. Here is just a few of the terms that you might need to know:

Non-passive alarm: this is an alarm system that has to be activated every time that you leave your vehicle. These alarms come with audio alarm deterrents and say have engine immobilizers. If you have one of these installed, be sure to let the auto insurance specialist know as you may be eligible for a discount.

Income Loss Coverage: this type of coverage will help to pay for any costs associated with you being unable to work due to an accident. Most of the time this is an added option that you must pay more for so be sure to enquire about this. A good auto insurance specialist will have all the information that you need about this.

VIN: this is your Vehicle Identification Number and is normally engraved into the windscreen down the bottom near the driver's side dashboard. This number is unique for every vehicle and is 17 digits long. It contains the serial number of your car as well as an abbreviation of the make and model.

Full Auto Insurance Coverage: auto insurance specialists are known to throw this term around a bit but do not be fooled. There is really no such thing. What it usually implies is that the policy you are enquiring about contains added options that add up to greater than usual coverage when compared to a normal liability coverage policy.

Anti-Theft Recovery System: this is a device that is installed in your car in a place that cannot be seen. It can be activated remotely and sends out a signal that can be tracked to locate your car if it has been stolen. This can give you a discount on your policy so be sure to mention it your auto insurance specialist.

Comprehensive Coverage: this type of coverage is an extra that can be added. It will normally include coverage for things such as fire, natural disasters, falling objects and theft. All policies are normally different so be sure to read the fine print to see what you will be covered for.

Collision Coverage: if you add this to your policy, then you should be covered if you run into an object or roll your car over. As said before, all policies are different to be sure to ask and auto insurance specialists that you are talking to about this.

Depreciation: this is the amount of value that your car has lost since bought new. Some cars depreciate at higher rates than others. It will also depend on the age of the car, and the mileage.

Extraordinary Medical: this is sometimes included in personal injury protection or first part benefits. Extraordinary medical coverage is coverage that will cover any costs associated with a long term injury that you have received due to a crash. Once your standard medical benefits coverage has been exhausted, this coverage will cover any more costs.

Be sure to do some more thorough research before making any decisions. The best thing you can do is to become one of these auto insurance specialists yourself. This way you can bypass them and go straight to an insurance company and the savings will be passed onto you.