After the perfect baby shower comes the need for a good quality batch of baby shower thank you cards. You want to make sure you send one to each person who attended your shower and each person who provided a gift for you or the baby. Giving good baby shower thank you cards requires a good card, some organization, and a little bit of thought.
Baby Shower Thank You Cards - Knowing Who To Send a Card To
The first thing that you need to know for sending out your thank you cards is who to send them to. This is easiest to do if you have everyone sign in for your baby shower and if you have a trusted friend write down the names of the people who give you gifts and what they gave you. This will allow you to make the thank you cards personal. Staying organized will help you make sure you send out all the cards that you need to send and make sure that you are giving your best in the form of your baby shower thank you cards.
Baby Shower Thank You Cards - The Design
The first thing that you need to do is choose a baby shower thank you card design. Any thank you card will do. You can choose a general one or you can choose a thank you card with a baby or mommy theme to it.
- Low Cost. You can choose a low cost thank you card. There are many different options to choose from and you can even make purchases from the dollar store to meet your needs. Often it is easy to find a card in pink, blue, or green to match your babyâ€™s gender or your baby shower colors.
- Fancy. If you have the money to put into it you may choose to spend a little more and get a fancy baby shower thank you card. Your options often include baby themes, some of which may match your baby shower theme, or even a mommy silhouette card. Many of these more expensive cards are between 75 cents and 1 dollar including the envelope.
- Personalized. One final option is to choose personalized baby shower gift cards. This can be done with your babyâ€™s picture, if your baby has been born. It can also be done with your pictures from your ultrasound. Other personalized options can include your names such as â€œThank you from The Smithsâ€ or â€œDanielle and Baby Thank Youâ€. These may cost a bit more, but have the advantage of being more personal. You can also consider making these on the computer, but make sure you take the time to personalize them to the person receiving them. It really can make a world of difference.
One thing that you must make sure of is that you have enough baby shower thank you cards for everyone. Make sure you include those that attended your shower but didnâ€™t bring a gift (if there are any) and those that threw you a shower even if they didnâ€™t give you a gift. Having a dozen extra will also allow you to send thank yous to those that send you gifts after your shower.
Baby Shower Thank You Cards - Staying Organized
You will get a lot farther a lot faster if you have a plan. You want to write down the names and addresses of everyone you need to send a thank you card to. Then you should work on organizing these onto your envelopes. Finally you should take the time to add a message and put each card into the labeled envelope.
- Once you have labeled each envelope, you may want to write what gift that person gave you in pencil so that you can make your thank you card personal.
- Write out your thank you card and stick it in the corresponding envelope right away.
- Go over your list more than once so that you make sure that you donâ€™t miss anyone.
Baby Shower Thank You Cards - The Message
Writing the perfect message takes a bit of thought and a dash of time. You want to make sure that you are making the message personal, thanking the person for the items that they have actually given you, and offering up a small piece of yourself.
- Take the time to get your baby shower thank you cards done early. Things will be crazy after the baby is born so you should make sure that they are done before the baby arrives if at all possible.
- Write your thank you notes by hand. It will make it a lot more personal.
- Start your note by putting the personâ€™s name in the greeting. This will make it very personal. For example, â€œDear Aunt Millieâ€ or even â€œSamanthaâ€.
- Thank them for the gift that they bought you. This makes it a lot more personal. You should consider â€œThank you for the baby swingâ€ or â€œThanks for the new jacketâ€.
- Then you want to add a bit about the baby. â€œI am sure the baby will love spending hours swingingâ€ or â€œbaby Sara will stay warm in itâ€.
- Thank them for attending your baby shower if they were there. Let them know you are glad to have spent some time with them and that you enjoy the event.
Writing your baby shower thank you cards doesnâ€™t have to be hard to do. However, you will want to make sure that you get on it as soon as possible so that you can get it out of the way. You may also want to keep these addresses close so that you can spend baby pictures out after the baby is born.
The first thing you need to do is choose a baby shower thank you card design. After that you will want to organize all of your addresses. Finally, you will need to write the perfect thank you message. After that you will want to send out your thank you cards. Once this is done you can forget about it and concentrate on all the other things that you have to do!