Ideas to help you with Bachelor Party Planning
The bachelor party is an event held in honor of the groom to be and a chance to get together with all his buddies for one last day or night of single fun before he ties the knot with his bride to be. The best man and groomsmen typically arrange the bachelor party as a send off for their great friend and you want it to be a memorial time. Although there will still be chances for this man to go out with his friends, it’s a tradition to send him off with a great bachelor party that he will long remember. If you’re looking for great bachelor party ideas, read on, you’re sure to find something here that can foot the bill.
Bachelor Party Ideas – Pick a Date
Choose a date a week in advance of the wedding date so that all the guys can let loose and have a good time without having a hang over for the wedding day.
Choose a date that allows all the guests time to recuperate the following day if possible since a bachelor party will usually last well into the morning hours.
Bachelor Party Ideas – Who to Invite
Invite many of the friends of the groom to be if possible – the more the merrier and a great way for everyone to spend some time with the bachelor on his final single days.
Allow ample time for out of town friends to make it to the bachelor party if possible.
Bachelor Party Ideas – What to Do!
There are many options for a fun bachelor party that need not involve a stripper – you can be much more creative than that!
Think of things that the groom to be likes to do or choose something totally new and different and create your bachelor party planning around those ideas such as:
- Go to the races – horse racing or dog racing is a fun way to spend the bachelor party and can include dinner and drinks, betting and hire a limo to take everyone so that no one drives and drinks. The bride, bridesmaids and all the other women will appreciate how smart you are for thinking ahead and getting everyone home safely.
- Go to the casino – check out party planning packages for groups that could include free drinks, buffet and money to get started.
- Dinner and drinks – choose the best restaurant and make reservations for your group to have cocktails before and after dinner. Look for a relaxing martini lounge that will allow for fun and conversation.
- Poker game at a hotel – choose a great hotel room that sleeps as many as possible and set up a poker game that is easy to learn and play, allows a little betting and bring your own beer, wine or alcohol. Anyone that drinks too much can just stay the night. Free breakfast included the next morning would be a bonus!
- Billiards – find a local bar that offers darts, billiards, cards, and other games and spend an evening playing all the old favorites.
- Hiking – for the outdoorsmen
- Camping – rent out a cabin for your bachelor party that the groomsmen can pitch it on the cost as well as food and drink. Enjoy the great outdoors with the guys.
- Skiing at a lodge – find a skiing lodge and enjoy a full day of skiing ended with drinks and dinner at the lodge. Spend the night in a chalet if possible.
- Parasailing – group rates are available if you’re near the water and are looking for a little adventure and fun. Try parasailing if you and the groom to be and groomsmen have never done it. It’s exhilarating!
- Fishing trip – rent a boat and all the equipment for a day of fishing at your favorite lake and leave the driving to someone else. Let the fish tales begin..
- Golfing Bachelor Party – a day of 18 holes on a beautiful golf course can make a great and memorable bachelor party with all the buddies. Got golf lovers? Go for 27 holes or even 36 holes. Put the golf bachelor party together as a fundraiser for the bride and groom, give prizes, hold a 50/50 raffle and have fun raising money for the honeymoon or to pay wedding expenses!
- Rent a hummer for a bachelor party idea – bar hop in one of these amazing vehicles that have room for the whole gang and a bar included that is a safe way to travel without anyone drinking and driving. Or, have the hummer take everyone to a museum, art gallery or other cultural event or the groom’s favorite sports event.
- Beach barbeque bachelor party – if you’re near the beach, host the bachelor party on the beach and include a volleyball game, Frisbee, swimming, boating, jet skiing and grilling, have everyone bring a dish or have it catered and bring your own beer or wine. Arrange for a cab or other transportation such as renting a bus to take everyone home afterwards if too much drinking is involved.
- Bachelor party planning at home – one of the safest ways to host a bachelor party is to host it at your home or one of the groomsmen’s home. Set up the game room with a bar, areas for conversation, cards or other games. Utilize the yard for grilling and outdoor activities such as volleyball or horse shoes. Plenty of food and drink can be catered or have everyone bring a dish or bottle. Plan for everyone to spend the night if drinking is involved.
- Read Bachelor Party Destinations – for those that have the means and time to get out of town for a memorable bachelor party
There are many bachelor party ideas for a creative bachelor party that can be fun, memorable and safe at the same time. What other ideas can you think of? Hopefully, these ideas have sparked your imagination and will help you with your bachelor party planning.