Backlinking for beginners: The money making basics
How to Backlink Your Way to Big Earnings on Infobarrel and BeyondCredit: Free Stock Photos
Backlinking for beginners is all about teaching new writers or old ones how to link their way to more earnings on infobarrel and beyond. It is such a big topic now. Every where you go on the internet you find someone talking about backlinking.
It is all the craze these days. Backlink this and backlink that. All you have to do is backlink and you will be rich, they claim. But what is backlinking? What does it really do? How can it make you money? And how do you actually create backlinks? Good questions. I am going to try to answer them for you.
So What Is Backlinking?
Backlinking is links that are on other sites like blogs, article directories, social bookmarking sites, and generally any other site that directs traffic back to your site. It is like a phone number that is placed in a phone book and then handed out all over town. The more places the book goes, the more people have access to your number. When people use that number, they get you.
It is the same with backlinking. Think of it as if you were putting the number to your article on as many other sites as possible so they can find you.
Your articles number is called a link. When you put that link on other sites, it points people back to your article; Hence the name back-linking.
What Does Backlinking Do?
Backlinking does many things. As stated above, the biggest reason you want to backlink is so people can find your article on infobarrel or elsewhere. If you wrote an article on infobarrel or anywhere for that matter, how exactly do you plan on people finding it? The internet is so large there is no way people are just going to come across your article.
The answer is backlinking. People find your article that way. It also serves another purpose. Backlinking is a popular way to get your article to the top of the Google search engine results for your topic. This is very important because the higher you are in the results, the more traffic you will get.
When someone types in their search information, your article pops up on the top of the screen and you get the clicks.
This is not that easy unfortunately. Google doesn't just allow any article to be posted at the top of its search results. Google is trying to stay Google. I mean that Google is going to try to offer the most spectacular and accredited information it can offer you.
How does Google do that? Most of it is done through backlinks. The more backlinks you have, the more Google trusts your site and sends you climbing up the ladder.
Backlinking helps people get to your site and helps you climb the ranks in the search engines.
How Can Backlinking Make You Money
I just love when I read an article about a backlinking product or secret that is going to make you rich. The reason I like it so much is the products or secrets make the actual word "backlinking" sound like it will make you money. It's like they want you to think that if you say backlinking you will make millions.
That is their goal and they are salesman so I wont fault them. Without salesman none of us would have the products and gadgets we have today.
The answer, however, is yes, backlinking can make you money. But I want to make something very clear. It is your article and the revenue that it makes from the ads or affiliates that make you money, not the mystical backlink.
Backlinks simply bring people to your site and help you rank higher in the search engines. When you think of backlinks and money, think of a means to an end. If backlinks bring traffic to your article, the more backlinks you have, the more traffic your article gets, which will make you more money when the traffic clicks on an ad.
Again, it is the ads on your site that make you money, not the backlinks themselves. It is the backlinks that allow people to find your site and click your ads. Looking at backlinks from that point of view, you could say that the more backlinks you have, the more traffic you will get. And the more traffic you get, the more money you will make.
That is how you make money from backlinks. They drive traffic to your site. Either by getting people to click on the link itself from another site or helping you rank higher in the search engines.
How To Backlink For Beginners
Get to the strategies already. I'm sure you are saying that, I know I am. But it is important to understand why we are doing something and how it works before we can make it work for us.
With that said, let's get down to the nuts and bolts. I am going to go over some steps and places you can go to create backlinks. Remember, backlinks are links on other sites that point back to your articles or sites.
I see this mistake being made quite often and by really experienced writers.
It's like McDonald's. Everyone knows they can make a better hamburger than McDonald's, but no one can beat their system. Having the right system will make your hamburger the best even when it isn't. The same applies to your links. It doesn't matter how good your articles are if your links are not set up right. The system is more important here than the hamburger, metaphorically ofcoarse.
Anchor Texts are keywords that are put on other sites with your links to tell people (And Google) what the link is about.
Think of the phone number analogy we used earlier. Let's say you sold flowers and you wanted to get your telephone number out for the world to see so they would call you. You wouldn't just put your number out there without any description or words that people could find it with. You would put flowers or The Flower Place or something that tells what your business does or is about.
That is what an Anchor Text is. It is a word or words that lets people know what your link is about.
For Example: Any Word You Want - Even though you see this phrase "Any Word You Want", it links to somewhere else, the link you want it to go to. This tells the people and Google what your link is about. This link takes you to an article about proper structure when writing articles for money.
Most sites like infobarrel have an Anchor Text button on the article board that you can use to create the link and text. It looks like a rope and if you highlight a word and scroll over the rope icon, it says insert/edit link. Click on that with the word still highlighted and the first think you will see is a place to put your link. It is that easy.
If you happen to be writing an article and there is no Anchor Text inserted for you, simply go to domainbean.com and they show you how to use the HTML code. It is super easy.
Placing Your Backlink
There are many ways to do this so don't just stop with the few examples I am going to give you. And I could write an ebook on how to do this so there is a lot of information. Maybe I will write an ebook.
Social Bookmarking Sites
- Find The Site - Find the site that you want to put your backlink on. Let's say you just read my article Top 10 Social Bookmarking Sites To Help Your Earnings On Infobarrel and you go to Digg.com. Digg.com is a site that you can give your article links to and it posts it for you on their site for others to see and click on.
- Give The Link - Just as I mentioned above, once you find the site you are going to use, give the site your link in what ever way they except it. Sites like Digg.com make it super easy to give your link to them. There is a submit new link button and you type in your link and they guide you through the rest.
- Post Your Link - After you have given your link, you will now post it to the site or sites you choose. The great part about this is now you have a backlink to your article, Google sees it, and people have a way to find your information.
That was how to place a backlink on a social bookmarking site. Let's look at how to place a backlink on a private site. 9 times out of 10 you are not going to get the site to put your link in their main post, but a great way and really fast way to build traffic and place a backlink is through comments.
If you go to an infobarrel article or your favorite blog, there is likely a comments section at the end of every post or article. This is a great place to put a backlink.
Private Sites and Blogs
- Read The Article - When we go to make a comment on an article and give our link, the worst thing we can do is have the administrator of the article or blog deny us the link by not posting our comment. The reason they would do that is if we right in their comment box something that has nothing to do with the article they wrote and everything to do with the article you wrote. Remember, read the article before you comment.
- Post A Comment - After you have read the article, post the comment. Don't make the mistake of adding a link in the comment box. This looks spammy and will usually get your comment trashed. Just post a good and helpful comment in the box.
- Place Your Backlink - I learned this gem after doing a million comments and posts on other people's sites wrong. When you go to comment, the site will ask you for your name, site, comment, etc. In the name section, do not put just your name. Remember, we are going for a backlink with our Anchor Text because that is what people need to see to know what they are clicking on and Google needs to see that to recognize the link and know what to do with it. If you wrote and article on Savings and your name is billy, type you name into the name box "Billy on Saving". Then, type your link in the link or url box and then your comment. This will create a backlink with the proper Anchor Text and at the same time, not get that spammy result. It took me a lot of comments and some cursing to get that right.
This is one of the most effective tools to generating quick traffic and creating quality backlinks. You can do as many as you want, but make sure you are adding value to the article and not just saying something about your article on saving.
Submitting to article directories and getting your articles accepted and posted carries a lot of weight now more than ever. After Google's new shake up, most of the article directory sites have had to up their game and make sure that all articles have quality content.
This is good for us because it means that we will get a quality backlink out of it instead of a crappy one.
- Find An Article Directory - Find an article directory you like; Ezinearticles.com is a great article directory that allows a link in the article to an outside source.
- Write An Article - There are many places you can get articles from to post on other sites, but I suggest that you write an original article that you can submit to Ezinearticles.com or any other article directory. Use your own material. Make sure the spelling and grammar is correct. Most sites make you wait and be approved before you can post faster. Infobarrel included. So be patient with those sites. There are some out there that you can have you articles posted to write away without waiting. Goarticles.com is one of them.
- Enter Your Link - Do not forget to enter your link in the article with the proper Anchor Text. Again, and Anchor Text is a word or words that people see and click on instead of the link itself.
- Submit Your Article - After you have done all that, you submit your article and wait for it to be posted.
Now you have created another backlink for your article and totally free. The great part is you can do as much of this as you want. The sky is the limit.
Quick Tip - There are so many products out there that promise you they have found the secret. And a lot of them are really good. But they cost money and there are so many ways you can create backlinks without spending money that you don't have to.
I know that I am supposed to be selling and doing affiliate stuff, and there will be plenty time for that in the future, but take it from someone who has spent a lot of money on these tools that you can start doing everything without spending one cent.
That is not to say that there are not some awesome products out there. And a lot of them really deliver. You just don't need them now. If you have the extra money for the products than go for it. I just don't want you to think you are at a disadvantage if you don't have 10 different SEO and Backlinking tools.
A Lot Of Info
I covered a lot of information in this article so make sure you bookmark it and use it as a reference when you need to backlink and you can't remember how.
Also, if you liked the article, let me know in the comment section below. I love getting comments from my readers.