Five Tips For Better Barbecue Food And Barbecue Safety
1. Light the BBQ well in advance of the time you plan to begin cooking(The manufactures book should have extra information on specific times).Make sure to use enough charcoal and wait until it's glowing red with a powdery grey surface.
2. Make sure the "Chef" wears an apron and washes their hands before and in between touching any food.
3. Keep raw and cooked food separate and use different cooking utensils for each.Only bring the raw food from the refrigerator just before cooking.
4. Check sausages and burgers are cooked through (juices should run clear).Steaks being 'solid' meat rather than minced or chopped are quiet safe when cooked to rare or medium.
5. Make sure frozen meat is thoroughly thawed (Unless otherwise stated) before cooking and do not refreeze once thawed.
Finally be safe and enjoy your barbecue !