Barney Stinson's Quotes are famous in the popular CBS television show How I Met Your Mother. They always come across smart, witty and just plain awesome. Barney Stinson is one of the five main characters of the show and is called 'the Breakout Character'. The breakout character is most of the times responsible for making the show popular. Think of Fonzie in Happy Days, Joey in Friends and well, Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother.
Who is Barney and why are his quotes important?
Barney Stinson is the womanizer of the show. He is getting laid most days of the week. He knows his way with women and more important, he knows how to repel them after he is done. Barney is the awesome guy, the legendary guy and the guy who takes the rest on adventure.
Now the beauty of this all, Barney says stuff. He says punch-lines, jokes and wisdom's. And that is one of the reasons how he got so popular. Now to illustrate what kind of things Barney says all the time here is a list of quotes from the Legendary Barney Stinson and where he said them.
Barney Stinson Quotes
- "Oh Robin, my simple friend from the untamed north. Let me tell you about a little thing I like to call 'mind over body' .. you see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True Story." This is when Barney is sick and doesn't want to admit it. He simply stops being sick. One of the most famous quotes of Barney Stinson.
- "How to run a marathon: Step one, you start running. There is no step two". Barney said this when Marshall (another one of the 5 main characters) is training really hard for the New York Marathon. Barney decides to show him how it is really done and simply runs a marathon. Without training? Yes he did.
- "She convinced you to go jogging? Wow, you really want to get into this girl's pants." As stated above, Barney is a womanizer and he isn't thinking about relationships or anything near to it. When Ted said he is going jogging with his girlfriend Barney Stinson is amazed.
- "Guess who nailed the chick from Metro News One last night?" This is after Barney slept with Robin. Robin is the ex of Ted, one of the best friends of Barney. They sleeping together is simply not acceptable, but still, Barney did. Whoops. So they decide to not talk about it anymore. Awesome as Barney is, he directly asked Robin this question, while Robin is obviously this chick!
- "All these years I've been suiting up when I should have been suiting down." This is when Barney Stinson heard about a popular scam for the first time. This scam is your last resort when a date didn't went that well. Barney is always suiting up, and telling others to suit up, while he actually was supposed to suit down. Now when he finally got this clear, he stated this quote.
- "That, my friends, is the dominator 5000, the best bull whip on the market according to my whip guy. Yeah. I have a whip guy." This is when Ted becomes a professor at NYU. Ted is an architect and with this whip he would be way more like Indiana Jones. Later this whip is used to hurt Marshall (not on purpose) and to intimidate Barney and Robin to talk about their relationship.
- "I'm going to be like, 'drop the act baby doll, daddy needs another gin and tonic'". This is when the bar the group always hangs out, McLaren's, got a new bartender. And not just a bartender. But a hot bartender. This bartender is able to seduce all the guys and to make sure they buy drinks. Barney says he can overcome this and get her in his bed! I won't spoiler whether he did or not.
- "Kids?! No! Don't have kids! The rule is no kids until you're at least 45. Don't your EVER read my blog? It's gotten a lot better." So a couple of things here. Barney tells Marshall and Lily not to have kids, because they are thinking about getting pregnant. He tells them they shouldn't according to his blog. Barney references his blog a lot of times in the show and nobody reads it, ever. But he keeps referencing and apparently he keeps writing at it! Now that is persistence, right?
- "February the 13th, a magical night where a ten has the self-esteem of a four and the depraved enthusiasm of a two." Of course, Barney is talking girls here. A ten is the best looking girl you can possibly come across and a two, well, you don't want to come across that one. Now, on the night before Valentine's Day, there are of course a lot of girls with low self-esteem, because they are boyfriend-less on Valentine's day. And that is the best moment for Barney to jump in.
- "You know what the dating world needs? A Lemon Law." And so he did. The Lemon Law is a law where you can ditch your date within the first 5 minutes of the date. If the date isn't any fun, just ditch her, just stop dating. The Lemon Law.
- "People often ask me: 'Barney how is it that you are so psyched so much of the time?'" And this is because he has a cd. Yes, a cd. This cd contains 17 of the most awesome songs ever created. Think 'Free Bird', 'You Give Love a Bad Name' of Bon Jovi. That kind of awesome songs. And Barney is playing this to get psyched.
- "The porcelain keeps the suit from wrinkling." When Ted found Barney sleeping in his bath tub. Barney wears suits all the time and he finds ways to overcome the wrinkling, this is one of them!
- "Plus, here's a mini-cherry on top of the regular cherry on top of the sundae of awesomeness that is my life." This is when Barney is telling a sad story about his life, where everybody thinks he is really sad and lonely, no he isn't. He loves his life!
Hopefully you got an idea now why these quotes are important. Share what you think of these quotes, do they go to far? Are they way out of line? Or is it simply awesome? In my opinion, Barney Stinson's quotes are always awesome!