League of legends at first can seem to have a steep learning curve and can become a hard game to master, but with enough time and determination you can become just as good as the pros. Before you even think of being a pro there are some simple rules and tips you should always consider.
- Ward: Buy a ward, save a life. It's as simple as that. Wards win games and it's imperative that you buy at least 1 ward whenever you go back to base. You should also know where to place wards and why. (An image with ward locations will be below.)
- Know how to last-hit: Every 10-15 minions are equal to a kill in the game, so it's obvious how important farming can be. Early game you should definitely focus on going for farming unless a kill is safe to go for. Mid and Late-game your farm will be quintessential to whether you win or lose the game.
- Know your enemy: As of this point there over 100 champions in League of Legends, although it may seem exhausting, after around 200 games you should be familiar with most of them. And this is important when laning; you must know your opponents skills, strenghts, and weaknesses.
- Main at least 3 champions: Although you might feel most comfortable top you wont always get to play top, so you should learn to play at least a couple of other roles (if not all) to assure you wont be a deadweight to your team. You should also become extremely good with certain champions. For example if you main Jayce top you should know what all of his abilities do and when to use them.
- Have Fun: Although winning might be the reason you play for it's always important to remember that it's just a game and to just have fun and be sportsmanlike. Have Fun and I'll see you in Summoners Rift.
Check out my other League of Legend Guides:
Ranked play: http://www.infobarrel.com/How_to_simply_get_your_ELO_up_in_League_of_Legends