Fake lashes are so popular nowadays. No matter how hard I try, I am horrible at applying fake lashes to myself; therefore instead I rely on mascara, mascara, mascara!! My friends have complimented on my lashes before so I must be doing something right! I hope my method will help those who cannot apply fake lashes on like me!
1. Heat up your eyelash curler 3-5 seconds using a hair dryer. Please make sure the eyelash curler is cool enough before you use it on your eyes. Look down and bring your curler to your eyelashes. Clamp down and slowly curl it upwards. Be careful not to pull upwards too far, otherwise you may pull out your lashes. I recommend the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, which you can purchase at Sheisedo for approximately $30.
2. Use a mascara primer! This is the base coat you apply before putting on the mascara. Primers coat lashes and helps with separating your lashes before applying the mascara. You can get a primer at any drug store. The one I use is called Testimo, which my sister bought for me from Asia. I have since learned the product has been discontinued. Luckily, I still have two extras left in my stash.
3. Mascara, Mascara, Mascara!!!
Holding the mascara wand, wiggle it left to right starting from the base of your lashes and working your way up your eyelashes. I use all of the following products:
a. Brush on Maybelline - Great Lash. I also like Maybelline - Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara (Color: Black).
b. Brush on Mabelline - Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara (Color: Black)
c. Brush on CoverGirl - Volume Exact (Color: Black).
d. Brush on Maybelline - Volume' Express Turbo Boost (Color: Black).
4. Wiggling the wand while you apply your mascara will help separate your eyelashes. I would also recommend using an eyelash separator as I find it easier to comb through lashes to rid of any clumps.
5. Finish off with Clarins - Fix Mascara. This provides additional waterproofing.
I usually use the blackest black mascara (I know, I am boring), however you can use other colors and follow the same application method. Hope this helps! Cheers! =)