Eyebrows are the understated feature of the face. They can make or potentially break any look. Many of the most famous starlites have signature brows that work perfectly for them; Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Brooke Shields, Diana Ross, Liz Taylor to name a few. Getting your eyebrows right can go a long way to support your look. Take a peek at some of these tips for perfect brows.
- There are five basic brows to speak of, each slightly different to fit the entirety of the face. They are round, angled, soft angled, curved and flat. People have to choose their brow shape carefully because they don't equally fair well on everyone. For instance a high arched angle eyebrow can make a round face appear oval, but making a round eyebrow on that same person and their face will look even rounder- probably not what they are going for.
- Always pluck your brows in a spot with good lighting and use good tweezers. Some tweezers are too short that the can cut the hair before finally pulling it out of the base, and other tweezers are so bad they can barely grasp at the hair at all. So get a good tweezers, many of the best can be found online or at your nearest beauty supply store.
- Keep the start of your brow in line with the inside corner of your eye. Only pluck from beneath the brow and let the brow extend beyond the corner of the eye.
- Do not use depilatories, or chemical hair removal products to remove hair from your brows. Never. These chemicals can get in your eye causing you damage, first of all, and secondly a using a cream on your face does not nearly have the level of control that tweezing does.
- If you have thin brows, help define them by using a powder brow shadow applied with a slant brush and lightly shape the brow you want. Don't go too far outside the brow line or it will start to look unnatural.
- By using powders you can carefully lay on the color. Powders trump pencils when it comes to brow shaping because pencils often look less natural.
- To get a natural look, make sure that the brow color is matching or complementing your hair color. Any big difference between the two colors and it will look unnatural.
When your brows are perfectly beautiful, it only takes a bit of plucking upkeep to manage them nicely. For a finishing touch, try adding some brow gel, or as an alternative some clear lip balm to help them look even more groomed.