kill Bed bugs naturally
Bedbug bites can lead to several health complications especially with frequent exposure. One of the most common health problems is skin irritation. Individuals, especially children, who are bitten by Bedbugs often experience severe itching in the bite area. Frequent scratching of the irritated skin can lead to break in the skin's integrity. Damage on skin surfaces can promote infection as microorganisms enter the body. Another disorder which can be caused by Bedbugs is allergic reactions. Although not all individuals experience allergic reactions from Bedbugs bites, the concern on the development of allergies has been increasing due to the reported cases of anaphylactic reactions. Having bed bug bites can also lead to certain psychological effects. It can cause anxiety, depression, and even insomnia.Credit: Henderson Daniel
What are the signs you have Bedbugs?
It is very important for you to detect the presence of Bedbugs in your house before they cause severe health problems to you and your family. Here are some of the most common signs that you have Bedbugs infestations.
- You can smell a strong odor due to the oily liquid emitted from their bodies. The odor is very irritating to the nose.
- You find unexplained bloodspots in your bed.
- You wake up each morning with itchy reddish spots on your body.
- You find clusters of black areas around your mattress and headboard.
- You can see Bed bugs in crevices and cracks of the walls.
If all these signs are present, then you most likely have Bedbugs.
Natural Bedbugs Treatments
There are several ways to get rid of Bedbugs from your home, and naturally treat the bites, without using harmful chemicals.
1. Treatment for Bedbug Bites
- Apply witch-hazel to the skin to stop the itching caused by Bedbug bites.
- Use organic chamomile soap in the shower. It soothes, moisturizes, and aids in the treatment of inflammation.
- A great quick relief is to apply organic apple cider vinegar to itchy area.
2. Essential Oils Bed bugs Treatment:
Applying certain oils such as rosemary oil and lavender oil can decrease the number of Bedbugs in your house. You can apply these oils in cracks and crevices to kill the eggs of the Bedbugs and prevent them from infesting the cracks again.
How to make a simple Bedbug Repellent Spray:
In a spray bottle, add
½ a Cup of 90% rubbing alcohol
7 drops organic eucalyptus oil
8 drops of organic lavender oil
7 drops of organic rosemary oil
4 drops of canola oil then shake continually and spray to kill Bedbugs.
3. How to get rid of Bed bugs: Steam Treatment
Steam treatment is one of the safest and most effective ways to kill Bedbugs on the spot. After a carful inspection of the infested area, place the following mixture in the steaming equipment.
1 Cup of 90% rubbing alcohol
3 drops organic eucalyptus oil
6 drops of organic lavender oil
4 drops of organic rosemary oil, and then fill-up the tank with water. Shake continually and steam to kill the Bedbugs.
4. Bed bug extermination by Vacuuming
Vacuuming is also effective in eliminating Bedbugs. It can efficiently eliminate adult Bedbugs including their eggs. After vacuuming, remember to get rid of the vacuum contents carefully. You should properly seal the trash to prevent the Bedbugs from getting back in your house, or contaminating the surrounding area. Also before, you take out the vacuum bag, grind some silica gel and some baking soda and vacuum it. This will help kill the bedbugs in the bag.
5. Bed bug control by using Mattress Covers
One of the most effective ways to prevent Bedbugs from infesting mattresses and pillows is by enclosing the mattress, pillows and mattress box in a vinyl cover. Bed covers can be treated with bed-bug repellent solutions for added protection.Credit: hd
6. Get Rid of Bed bugs by Washing
Bedbugs do not just stay in cracks and mattresses. They can also survive in clothing and bedding. Washing your sheets and clothing in hot water can effectively eliminate Bedbugs and their eggs.
Safe around children, pets, homes and hospitals.